Hotel and B&B Website Engine

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone who commented on my other post for the template design, the website engine is now ready for beta testers.
The first hotel is already online and using it! You can check that out here www.spilmanhotel.co.uk
I am setting up around 10 more currently and waiting for some pictures and their web guy to transfer domains.
If anyone feels like they need a new website, before paying to get one commissioned I would like to offer you a 6 months free subscription with hosting and support. If you want to have one for 6 months then go back to your old site that's no problem, you can continue to use any booking engine you like with the website.
This is the only template I have at the moment but I have some more on the way.
I don't know if I am breaking any rules here by offering you this? If so please delete this post and send me a msg.
Umm maybe I should explain what a website engine actually is? If your familiar with a booking engine then it is kind of similar but for websites. You enter your details into the admin section, your text and pictures. Choose a template and the application creates your website from scratch.
The advantage of a website engine over getting a designer or a wordpress site is that it will not go out of date, as templates get added you can just choose a new template and hit publish. Also current templates will have tweaks and updates over their life. Security is also way better than a wordpress site as there are no plugins, xss problems or php hacking problems.
I wont link to the website from here but you can contact me through the forum. this offer is for forum members only.

Have you looked at the network overhead and load times of the above web site?

I'm getting a page that says "One more step. Please complete the security check to access www.spilmanhotel.co.uk" when I tried to look.

Evan said:
The advantage of a website engine over getting a designer or a wordpress site is that it will not go out of date, as templates get added you can just choose a new template and hit publish. Also current templates will have tweaks and updates over their life. Security is also way better than a wordpress site as there are no plugins, xss problems or php hacking problems.
I found this somewhat too funny to ignore.
1. When using WordPress and WordPress products, you gain access to millions of users and developers across the globe. If your web dev guy is abducted by aliens, in 2 minutes you have another 100 lined up and ready to take over.
With your product - it is just you. So I don't think a custom engine like yours can be more reliable update-wise.
2. And here we go again with security... If someone's hands grow from all the wrong places then nothing will be secure: not the website, email, cellphone or ones own house.
Please, please, please, when pushing a web option/solution to clients, pay less attention to trashing WordPress and focus more on your own product, why it is better than the product used by 25% of the Internet.
P.S. Sorry if this message sounded a bit too harsh.

Evan said:
1. When using WordPress and WordPress products, you gain access to millions of users and developers across the globe. If your web dev guy is abducted by aliens, in 2 minutes you have another 100 lined up and ready to take over.
With your product - it is just you. So I don't think a custom engine like yours can be more reliable update-wise.
2. And here we go again with security... If someone's hands grow from all the wrong places then nothing will be secure: not the website, email, cellphone or ones own house.
Please, please, please, when pushing a web option/solution to clients, pay less attention to trashing WordPress and focus more on your own product, why it is better than the product used by 25% of the Internet.
P.S. Sorry if this message sounded a bit too harsh..
Again, putting yourself in the hands of an unknown like this opens yourself up to liability, security, hacking, malware, risk and other problems. Stick to widely used themes and templates, WordPress, weebly, etc.
Your website is your life.

Evan said:
dumitru said:
Evan said:
P.S. Sorry if this message sounded a bit too harsh.
Hey no offence taken, I see why you are pro wordpress and I understand. Wordpress is great if you have someone with some experience looking after it, I guess you look after your clients websites with updates and security fixes etc.

Evan said:
Again, putting yourself in the hands of an unknown like this opens yourself up to liability, security, hacking, malware, risk and other problems. Stick to widely used themes and templates, WordPress, weebly, etc.
undersea said:
Again, putting yourself in the hands of an unknown like this opens yourself up to liability, security, hacking, malware, risk and other problems. Stick to widely used themes and templates, WordPress, weebly, etc. Your website is your life.
Ahh Undersea, was waiting for you to show up. Pretty offensive post tbh.

Evan said:
undersea said:
Again, putting yourself in the hands of an unknown like this opens yourself up to liability, security, hacking, malware, risk and other problems. Stick to widely used themes and templates, WordPress, weebly, etc. Your website is your life.
Unsure why an unknown is offended every time good questions and cautions are given.
Why dont you address the issues, instead of being offended by them?
Hundreds of millions of customer records have been compromised even at major retailers. Anyone handling customer info have a fiduciary responsibility. Using your or others web offerings opens huge risks.
WordPress and similar technologies undergo market testing and vetting. You?
And you are offended?
Why?

Evan said:
undersea said:
Unsure why an unknown is offended every time good questions and cautions are given.
Hundreds of millions of customer records have been compromised even at major retailers. Anyone handling customer info have a fiduciary responsibility. Using your or others web offerings opens huge risks.
And you are offended?
Why?
undersea said:
Unsure why an unknown is offended every time good questions and cautions are given. Why dont you address the issues, instead of being offended by them? Hundreds of millions of customer records have been compromised even at major retailers. Anyone handling customer info have a fiduciary responsibility. Using your or others web offerings opens huge risks. WordPress and similar technologies undergo market testing and vetting. You? And you are offended? Why?
I am offended, because of your slanderous comments.
Here are my full details, if you would like to chat then contact me in the numerous ways listed below.
I would like to know who you are Undersea or are you one of the unknown?
I don't understand what issues you need me to explain to you Undersea? This is a static website, you act as if making a website is a crime?
Email & Skype ID : [email protected]
Company ID : buuqitcom ltd Trading as www.thebookingfactory.com
Company No: 09250795
Registered Address:
Techhub Swansea
11 Wind Street
Swansea
SA1 1DP

Evan said:
undersea said:
And you are offended?
Why?
undersea said:
Unsure why an unknown is offended every time good questions and cautions are given. Why dont you address the issues, instead of being offended by them? Hundreds of millions of customer records have been compromised even at major retailers. Anyone handling customer info have a fiduciary responsibility. Using your or others web offerings opens huge risks. WordPress and similar technologies undergo market testing and vetting. You? And you are offended? Why?
Here are my full details, if you would like to chat then contact me in the numerous ways listed below.
I don't understand what issues you need me to explain to you Undersea? This is a static website, you act as if making a website is a crime?
Registered Address:
Techhub Swansea
11 Wind Street
Swansea
SA1 1DP
No point responding... Sheesh...

Evan said:
undersea said:
And you are offended?
Why?
undersea said:
Registered Address:
Techhub Swansea
11 Wind Street
Swansea
SA1 1DP

Evan said:
undersea said:
And you are offended?
Why?
undersea said:
Registered Address:
Techhub Swansea
11 Wind Street
Swansea
SA1 1DP
Duplicate

Evan said:
undersea said:
And you are offended?
Why?
undersea said:
Registered Address:
Techhub Swansea
11 Wind Street
Swansea
SA1 1DP
Don't be shy now Undersea, you have been a member here for what? 14 weeks?
What's your business? guest house? B&B? Real Name?
You post slanderous comments about me and say I am an unknown and untrustworthy yet we know nothing about you?
Trolls rarely get under my skin yet you really do a good job of it, I need to learn how to handle people like you better to be honest.

Evan said:
undersea said:
And you are offended?
Why?
undersea said:
Registered Address:
Techhub Swansea
11 Wind Street
Swansea
SA1 1DP
You post slanderous comments about me and say I am an unknown and untrustworthy yet we know nothing about you?
Trolls rarely get under my skin yet you really do a good job of it, I need to learn how to handle people like you better to be honest.
Get lost.
You are an amateur, not a business
I warn others about security and related issues. You ignore it and cry slander and troll
Professionals respond with credentials and reasons to trust them.
You juke and avoid, preferring to insult rather than show why a company's transactions should trust your web utilities.
There has never been slander from me, as you are aware
And certainly not giving you personal info. You come across as abnormal in your demands for these details several times, and I don't need a stalker.
Done dealing with juveniles, you are the first I am putting on ignore
My expectations are you cannot resist more odd sayings

Evan said:
undersea said:
And you are offended?
Why?
undersea said:
Registered Address:
Techhub Swansea
11 Wind Street
Swansea
SA1 1DP

Evan said:
undersea said:
And you are offended?
Why?
undersea said:
Registered Address:
Techhub Swansea
11 Wind Street
Swansea
SA1 1DP
Get lost.
You are an amateur, not a business
I warn others about security and related issues. You ignore it and cry slander and troll
Professionals respond with credentials and reasons to trust them.
You juke and avoid, preferring to insult rather than show why a company's transactions should trust your web utilities.
There has never been slander from me, as you are aware
And certainly not giving you personal info. You come across as abnormal in your demands for these details several times, and I don't need a stalker.
Done dealing with juveniles, you are the first I am putting on ignore
My expectations are you cannot resist more odd sayings
undersea said:
Get lost. You are an amateur, not a business I warn others about security and related issues. You ignore it and cry slander and troll Professionals respond with credentials and reasons to trust them. You juke and avoid, preferring to insult rather than show why a company's transactions should trust your web utilities. There has never been slander from me, as you are aware And certainly not giving you personal info. You come across as abnormal in your demands for these details several times, and I don't need a stalker. Done dealing with juveniles, you are the first I am putting on ignore My expectations are you cannot resist more odd sayings
Thank you, that will be great

Latest posts

Back