Hotel b b video -

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
I'm seeing it on my facebook page, in my news feed, and all over the place. A B B infestation in a New York hotel (I assume that's what it is as I've never actually seen them) Here's a link if you haven't seen it.
How horrendously damaging to the hotel's reputation.
How awful to experience.
The video shows the man flipping the bare mattress to expose the bugs and having to be up close and personal with it to do that ... and I'm wondering, wouldn't they now be all over his clothes?
What is the best thing to do if you discover such a thing?
Seal the room and call an expert to exterminate, if in contact ... drop all your clothes in a hot wash and get in the shower?

As the guest? If I found the bugs by looking for them (vs the bugs finding me first) I'd change my clothes and wrap the dirty clothes in one of those plastic bags from the bathroom trash can and get out of that room.
If the bugs found me first? Get my clothes, all of them, to the nearest laundry, wash them all, change out of what I was wearing, wash that and dump the suitcase.
And make sure I spoke to the manager, had photo documentation, and not take another room there without inspecting it first.
But, I inspect first when I travel.
As the property owner? Bring in the bug expert. And tell the guest to hand over their clothing, we'll take care of cleaning it. Pay for a new suitcase and find them someplace else to stay. I'm guessing it would cost a few thousand to do all of that for each room affected.

It now is making all the media rounds and I also saw that Anthony M has posted about it.

Ok - I have had to deal with B B at a friends house. They had been guests in the past and had settled in our community, so they were very aware of what I do for a living.
They invited us over for supper one night and we happily accepted; he is an excellent cook. We arrived at their apartment and while enjoying supper and having a delightful time, one of the other guests asked why there was white powder lining the floor boards in the bathroom and <blush, blush> in the bedrooms? The response started my heart thumping. For the past three weeks they had been battling B B in their whole apartment complex!!!!! The bugs had crawled thru the walls and electrical wires and spread into the whole building; in fact the 6 days before having us over the children had woken up complaining. BINGO, they had been infected.
After expressing my shock and asking them why they had invited us over, WE LEFT! We parked the car at the end of our driveway, stripped down to our underwear (yes we do live on a residential street - I didn't care), threw the clothes in the car and before walking into the house went bluff, throwing our unmentionables into the garbage and tieing it up tight. Into the house, immediately into a hot and cold shower, not knowing which was best, detol wash and hair shampoo, blow dry EVERYTHING ON HIGH. EGADS.
Garbage into another garbage and into the bin. But my car????? Husband goes to CTire (in his truck) and buys two cans of some kind of special B B spray. Opens the door and sprays both cans until empty. Then we let the car sit in the hot prairie sun for three day.
All ended well, we probably never did get any little critters on us.
Our friends, well they are still our friends. They ended up moving from the apartment into a house, leaving everything behind for the apartment managers to dispose of. They left with the clothes on their back.
I love my job, the best I have had, I am blessed
Deb

Ok - I have had to deal with B B at a friends house. They had been guests in the past and had settled in our community, so they were very aware of what I do for a living.
They invited us over for supper one night and we happily accepted; he is an excellent cook. We arrived at their apartment and while enjoying supper and having a delightful time, one of the other guests asked why there was white powder lining the floor boards in the bathroom and <blush, blush> in the bedrooms? The response started my heart thumping. For the past three weeks they had been battling B B in their whole apartment complex!!!!! The bugs had crawled thru the walls and electrical wires and spread into the whole building; in fact the 6 days before having us over the children had woken up complaining. BINGO, they had been infected.
After expressing my shock and asking them why they had invited us over, WE LEFT! We parked the car at the end of our driveway, stripped down to our underwear (yes we do live on a residential street - I didn't care), threw the clothes in the car and before walking into the house went bluff, throwing our unmentionables into the garbage and tieing it up tight. Into the house, immediately into a hot and cold shower, not knowing which was best, detol wash and hair shampoo, blow dry EVERYTHING ON HIGH. EGADS.
Garbage into another garbage and into the bin. But my car????? Husband goes to CTire (in his truck) and buys two cans of some kind of special B B spray. Opens the door and sprays both cans until empty. Then we let the car sit in the hot prairie sun for three day.
Our friends, well they are still our friends. They ended up moving from the apartment into a house, leaving everything behind for the apartment managers to dispose of. They left with the clothes on their back.
Deb.
See as soon as I knew I would have been on the phone and cancelled you coming to the dinner party ie "weve been infested I know you can't risk it etc" mind you I would probably have cancelled the whole thing as other dinner guests don't want them either! costs a fortune to get sorted whether its your home or business or whatever.

Deb.
See as soon as I knew I would have been on the phone and cancelled you coming to the dinner party ie "weve been infested I know you can't risk it etc" mind you I would probably have cancelled the whole thing as other dinner guests don't want them either! costs a fortune to get sorted whether its your home or business or whatever.
They invited us over after the children had been bite and they were spraying. Never mentioned a thing until someone saw the dust on baseboard area. They had no clue of the seriousness to them and to our business. Almost as crazy as my 'Lady-Label".

Back