Hotel Reservations system

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,
It's been a while since I've been on Innspiring. I hope everyone is well and business is prospering. I am in search of a new reservations management system that offers OTA and GDS integration. Does anyone have any recommendations?
~Sherri

Did you do a search? I think you will find majority here use Reservation Key

It seems odd that "reservations" is in your user ID? Are you trying to prepare the forum to recommend your product? If so, it is most unwelcome.

It seems odd that "reservations" is in your user ID? Are you trying to prepare the forum to recommend your product? If so, it is most unwelcome..
UNDERSEA...she has been a member here for over 4 years. Don't post this kind of thing so hastily. We can tell the good from the not so good.

Absolutely LOVE ReservationKey - bells & whistles and is STILL affordable. And there are some here that do use the OTA with RezKey.

I've used Reservation Key for several years now and am very happy with it. I was at a b&b conference a week ago and there was a vendor and speaker with a system called Think Res er vations. Every feature he showed, we already had in ResKey. Then he started talking about yield management and I thought that would be so useful and wished ResKey had it. Then I came home and looked at some of the newer features John has implemented on ResKey and there it was! Yield Management!
If you are looking for a low cost quality system, I would first suggest ResKey and then Think Res er vations. Right now, the 'Think' system is $10 per room per month. Just slightly higher than ResKey.

Hi everyone,
Fyi, I am a B&B in Philadelphia, Pa called La Reserve. Lareservations is a generic name that I use.
Rezkey sounds like a company to check out. The $10 per room is a monthly flat rate for typical booking service? Does anyone know the fees for OTA/ GDS integration? Has anyone heard of InnRoad? I see there a ton of reserv. Mgt companies, too many check out all. That is why I thought I would ask for recommendations.
Thank you all for your advice,
Sherri

Hi everyone,
Fyi, I am a B&B in Philadelphia, Pa called La Reserve. Lareservations is a generic name that I use.
Rezkey sounds like a company to check out. The $10 per room is a monthly flat rate for typical booking service? Does anyone know the fees for OTA/ GDS integration? Has anyone heard of InnRoad? I see there a ton of reserv. Mgt companies, too many check out all. That is why I thought I would ask for recommendations.
Sherri.
Lareservations said:
Hi everyone, Fyi, I am a B&B in Philadelphia, Pa called La Reserve. Lareservations is a generic name that I use. Rezkey sounds like a company to check out. The $10 per room is a monthly flat rate for typical booking service? Does anyone know the fees for OTA/ GDS integration? Has anyone heard of InnRoad? I see there a ton of reserv. Mgt companies, too many check out all. That is why I thought I would ask for recommendations. Thank you all for your advice, Sherri
Sherri, IMNVHO you cannot go wrong with RezKey. It even provides a "Waiting List" e-mail form if rooms are blocked or full (same thing) - to date I have had 5 room nights due to that feature alone - paid almost 3 years worth of subscription fee with just those reservations.

Hi everyone,
Sherri.
Aloha Sherri,
Sorry you got roughed up. Shouldn't have happened. Your place looks really great! Made we want to visit Philadelphia just to have a little of that colonial charm.
I used a much more expensive system before switching to Res Key. Much better for far less money.
One word of caution, Res Key is not a corporate approach. It has taken me a while to get used to that. John is the main guy and does a lot of stuff himself. When something goes wrong, it requires more of a team approach to figure it out and there may not be a remedy. STILL... it is hands down an improvement over the support I got with Rezo va tions.

Hi everyone,
Sherri.
ResKey is NOT $10 per room per month -- more like $2.50 per room per month!
It all depends on how many rooms and which plan you fall under. We have 9 cottages, so we are on the 10 units and under plan at $25/month.
I suppose if you just had two rooms and were on their most basic plan ($20/month) that does work out to $10/room/month, but anything more than that will be LESS! (Yeah! Go ResKey!)

No worries Happykeeper, I understand. I'm sure you get a lot of solicitors on here. Thank you for your compliment on our site; let me know when you want to visit Philly.
I appreciate everyone's recommendations and plan to meet with John.
I would like to take a look at a website to view the set-up of reservations system to see what the public views. Does anyone have a website that you wouldn't mind me viewing?
Thanks ~ Sherri

No worries Happykeeper, I understand. I'm sure you get a lot of solicitors on here. Thank you for your compliment on our site; let me know when you want to visit Philly.
I would like to take a look at a website to view the set-up of reservations system to see what the public views. Does anyone have a website that you wouldn't mind me viewing?
Thanks ~ Sherri.
Here are a couple.
http://whitefencebandb.com/
http://sharprockvineyards.com/bed-breakfast/

Thanks ~ Sherri.
Feel free to check out mine. While some take deposits, I do not. I wrote the e-mails that go out automatically.
Make the reservation for the Gillum Room in December using LA Reservation for the name and I will remove it when I see it. Complete the rez as no cc # will be requested. This way you can see the entire process. Returning guests only need to click on the Are you a returning guest, and all boxes are auto-filled.

Thanks ~ Sherri.
kau-hawaii.com

Thanks ~ Sherri.
All taken care of. I hope it helped you see how easy it is to use. It is so affordable even I use it. It has so many bells & whistles that I do not use but it does not matter because they are NOT add-ons. And you can change rtates for special events, make minimums - all sorts of reports......

Thanks ~ Sherri.
All taken care of. I hope it helped you see how easy it is to use. It is so affordable even I use it. It has so many bells & whistles that I do not use but it does not matter because they are NOT add-ons. And you can change rtates for special events, make minimums - all sorts of reports......
Thank you gillumhouse; it was easy to reserve. I really like the feature for repeat guests!
~Sherri

I'd like to suggest Open Hotels or Front Desk Anywhere. Both offer that and are fairly easy to use. Both also offer the ability to change rates in your system from the back end and have them automatically migrate out to the Online Travel Agencies like Expedia so you don't have to do them all manually. I especially recommend Open Hotels as the staff is very communicative and friendly. They have only existed for about two and a half years and are very open to suggestions on changes or special needs for your particular lodging. And, if there is a problem, they jump on it and have it fixed quickly. They have the ability to charge monthly fees per room which is very useful. Keep in mind, for both these systems you will need internet access as they are online. Prices are reasonable.
I used both at my last hotel starting with Open Hotels and with a data migration to Front Desk Anywhere.

I'd like to suggest Open Hotels or Front Desk Anywhere. Both offer that and are fairly easy to use. Both also offer the ability to change rates in your system from the back end and have them automatically migrate out to the Online Travel Agencies like Expedia so you don't have to do them all manually. I especially recommend Open Hotels as the staff is very communicative and friendly. They have only existed for about two and a half years and are very open to suggestions on changes or special needs for your particular lodging. And, if there is a problem, they jump on it and have it fixed quickly. They have the ability to charge monthly fees per room which is very useful. Keep in mind, for both these systems you will need internet access as they are online. Prices are reasonable.
I used both at my last hotel starting with Open Hotels and with a data migration to Front Desk Anywhere..
These are large systems. But in the case of Open Hotels, never going to happen... they violate my first rule of business.. no prices or even guidelines anywhere. But these are expensive systems for us little guys. Seriously... $50 extra if I want to be able to use TripConnect?

Back