How About Some Good Guest Stories?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just had a wonderful 92 year old woman stay with us. Her daughter and son-in-law were in a second room. She said she had never felt so special before in all her life. She's just a little spitfire not even 5 ft tall.
This same weekend I had my 88 year old uncle & his son staying with us. They were here to visit my 84 year old mother. They haven't seen each other for a year and a half, because I've moved my mother from a different state to be closer to me. What a wonderful day we all had yesterday being together. I kept looking at the happy beaming faces of these two siblings, knowing that it might be the last time they ever see each other.
Cherished moments were had by all this weekend.
Joe had the young ones and my place turned into a geriatic haven. Gotta love 'em all..
Breakfast Diva said:
I just had a wonderful 92 year old woman stay with us....This same weekend I had my 88 year old uncle & his son staying with us. They were here to visit my 84 year old mother.....my place turned into a geriatic haven. Gotta love 'em all.
Has anyone here ever had a guest die on them?
whattha.gif
That could wreck a weekend!
Please start a new thread. This negativity is really starting to get to me!! Yeesch....
Samster said:
Please start a new thread. This negativity is really starting to get to me!! Yeesch....
I thought this was supposed to be SHARE GOOD GUEST stories? Does every thread have to take a downward spiral...it is hard to stay positive, I agree. Forbid it that non innkeepers find these threads, this forum is wide open, not private.
angry_smile.gif

Great guest story from two weeks ago. Doing my best to stay focused on the multiple great guests we get every week. Last week was amply covered by the three sisters.
Looking at the calendar really is doing my dour mood some good.
We have a repeat business travel guest who for the last three years visits once or twice a year and only for a night at a time, but this time he made a few comments that opened my eyes to what one of the big appeals we strive for at our place is.
First, he told us he doesn't even consider anywhere else when he's called on to come to our area.
Second, he's as friendly, tidy and affable as any of our longer staying leisure travel guests.
Third, he told us that he doesn't know how we maintain such a level of consistency, but after this many stays, he wonders when we have an "off" day when we're not on top of our game.
Lastly, this time he asked about what age children we accept, good times to explore the mountains, the nearby national monument, etc.
I find it very rewarding that a guest whose mind when here is always on his business at hand thinks enough of us that he'd consider bringing his family here on a vacation.

Hey, this is kind of fun.
Great guests from three weeks ago.
A really cool, young, energetic couple picks us as a one night stop on their way to the Grand Canyon. We share a bunch of our stories from our few visits to the GC and they are just dying to get there to see it in all of its glory. We helped them pick the most scenic route there, etc.
Of course, I try to be funny and give them the Chevy Chase routine from National Lampoon Vacation, with the 30 second glimpse and then on to Wally World.
So before they even get back home, up pops this awesome review on TA for us by them and two days later this vintage Grand Canyon postcard comes in the mail.
They wrote to tell us the GC was everything and more than they expected, they loved the route we helped them select and that their one night stay here was the lodging highlight of their entire two week trip.
To steal a Bushism, Mission Accomplished!
What bad guests? I don't see no stinkin' bad guests.

Great guest story from two weeks ago. Doing my best to stay focused on the multiple great guests we get every week. Last week was amply covered by the three sisters.
We have a repeat business travel guest who for the last three years visits once or twice a year and only for a night at a time, but this time he made a few comments that opened my eyes to what one of the big appeals we strive for at our place is.
First, he told us he doesn't even consider anywhere else when he's called on to come to our area.
Second, he's as friendly, tidy and affable as any of our longer staying leisure travel guests.
Third, he told us that he doesn't know how we maintain such a level of consistency, but after this many stays, he wonders when we have an "off" day when we're not on top of our game.
Lastly, this time he asked about what age children we accept, good times to explore the mountains, the nearby national monument, etc.
I find it very rewarding that a guest whose mind when here is always on his business at hand thinks enough of us that he'd consider bringing his family here on a vacation..
That's a story about what you do that's good for the guests, not really a good guest story....but based on the way this thread was going, I'll take it! :)

Hey, this is kind of fun.
Great guests from three weeks ago.
A really cool, young, energetic couple picks us as a one night stop on their way to the Grand Canyon. We share a bunch of our stories from our few visits to the GC and they are just dying to get there to see it in all of its glory. We helped them pick the most scenic route there, etc.
Of course, I try to be funny and give them the Chevy Chase routine from National Lampoon Vacation, with the 30 second glimpse and then on to Wally World.
So before they even get back home, up pops this awesome review on TA for us by them and two days later this vintage Grand Canyon postcard comes in the mail.
They wrote to tell us the GC was everything and more than they expected, they loved the route we helped them select and that their one night stay here was the lodging highlight of their entire two week trip.
To steal a Bushism, Mission Accomplished!
What bad guests? I don't see no stinkin' bad guests..
YAY!! There are plenty of good guests out there. I know we like to vent here but all the negativity was really bringing me down.

You saw my good guests on The Boys thread. Just making them a pot of coffee for the day they decided to stay home was a biggie to them. Each one of them made a special effort to come thank me for a wonderful stay and give a hug or kiss (on cheek) or both. They raved about the coffee too. I do have good guests all the time but these were the most recent.

I find it very rewarding that a guest whose mind when here is always on his business at hand thinks enough of us that he'd consider bringing his family here on a vacation..
That's a story about what you do that's good for the guests, not really a good guest story....but based on the way this thread was going, I'll take it! :)
I find it very rewarding that a guest whose mind when here is always on his business at hand thinks enough of us that he'd consider bringing his family here on a vacation.
I'd like to think the qualities about HIM I described would speak for themself about how "great" of a guest he is, but maybe I wasn't clear enough the first time.

Finden Sie die neuste Brautkleider 2012, brautmoden 2012 für Ihre Traum Brautkleid. Custom Brautkleid design nach dem Foto.abendkleider abendkleider grünes ballkleid Jetzt ist die Zeit der Verfolgung individueller Highlight die einzigartige kleid brautjungfern brautmode brautkleider brautmode brautkleider, cocktailkleider kurz abendkleid ballkleid cocktailkleid Hochzeit zusätzlich zu den traditionellen Weiß, die Farbe mehr und mehr auf das Thema Hochzeit verwendet wird, günstige elegante abendkleider günstige elegante abendkleider brachte die Saison Paris Fashion Week blumenkinder hochzeit , dem berühmten Designer aus dem Libanon Elie Saab, einen einzigartigen Stil langen Reihe von roten Reich Brautkleider, einen einzigartigen Charme, die ganze Show Publikum, vielleicht die perfekte Kombination von warmen und sexy zu erobern.
Brust Brust falten besser widerspiegeln die Schönheit der Schulter Chiffon Verarbeitungslinie droht, die Schulter können Sie sich für defekte Bräute, können Sie sicher sein, dass das Tragen dieser spiegelt Tüll auf den gesamten Prozess der sexy Braut.
Rote Rosen in voller Blüte ebenso wie die Braut verheiratet zu sein, dass süßes Lächeln des Glücks, der mit einem dreidimensionalen Gewebe Körper als Qianman rote Rosen Bra Taille Cocktailkleider Stil beeindruckende Zahl, um die Braut, die von den gleichen Stil roten Umhang, sexy Begleitung zeigen und zart.
Chest Fülle der Braut Vielleicht möchten Sie im nächsten Abschnitt dieses tiefe V-Taille, ballkleider cocktailkleider ballkleider cocktailkleider Brust und Taille mit einer Hand bestickt und besetzt mit funkelnden Kristallen, Grundkörper mit einer weichen Textur der Seidenproduktion bardress , leicht und elegant große Rock überlegen, wie eine Blume intelligente wie ein heller Assistenten.
online shop brautkleider

Back