How is your email set up?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every time I get ready to bring up my Out look, I first go to the server just as I do when I am out of town. I delete the garbage, look to see what is in the Spam file and then delete that, and then I delete the trash before I log out. Only then do I bring e-mail home. Most of the garbage comes in at night. During the day, I just hit delete a lot and check my junk box before I empty it.
I have at least 6 valid @gillumhouse addresses plus a redirect from the rail-trail domain I am Exec Director of, and a redirect from the web site our son set up for DH so he has an e-mail address. I also only get the bounce if I goof up on the address I am entering. I do not use auto reply to anything other than the RezKey thank you for your rez.....
I had not thought of adding the misspellings to my meta tags. What an idiot! People are always adding an extra i or using iam instead of um! DUH! Thanks JB..
Do you ever notice email coming in to any other addresses other than the ones you created? Like getting an email addressed to an account you never set up? ie- a misspelling of the userid (rather than the domain name)?
No, only the addresses I have set up. I also have a frontier acct, my City e-mail, and g-mail, hotmail, and yahoo that I never access because I have forgotten the passwords for those last 3 and I think the last 2 mentioned were set up when I had citynet so I cannot get the password reset sent to me.
So, if someone misspelled the email addy they'd get a bounce back and you'd get nothing? Or they would get nothing back at all? Heck, I guess I can just try it myself and see what happens. OK, I get a 'transmission failed' message if I misspell the user name.
I guess my email system works differently than most. Anything misaddressed does not give the emailer an error message. It either comes thru (now that I have changed the settings) or it gets dumped as unwanted before it gets downloaded and no one's the wiser (old settings).
I am using Out Look. If I misspell I get a message in a minute or 2 saying I am a dummy who cannot spell - OK a message that it cannot be delivered. Sorry I did not answer sooner. My City Manager was voting with me - it goes much faster when 2 of us vote. We manged to get our City back to #15. There are 2 cities nipping at our heels. This insanity goes on until March!!!

Back