How Many of You are Finding that Climate Change is Actually IMPROVING your Weather?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetiePie

Reaction score
It has been absolutely beautiful here lately. The summer has been mild so far and comfortable temperature-wise, so no air conditioning needed. It tends to rain in the early morning, so everything is fresh and clean when you wake up. I live in the mountains so fire is always a threat, but I'm breathing much easier this year.

I don't know about improving it, but I certainly do notice some wild weather swings, much more extreme cold or hot than we used to get.

3x the usual amount of rain this month and this is a 'wet' area to start with. So, no, it's not helping!

Hard to fully quantify how much "better" the weather has been because its usually so freakin' gorgeous here, but this year our "monsoon" season has officially started two weeks earlier than "normal". It has been cooler and wetter in June which is typically our hottest, driest month.
After a ten year megadrought of epic proportions that started in the late 90's, three out of the five years have been average or above for precip, so who knows what to think.
But the first two weeks of May were the second hottest and driest since they started keeping records which here has been a long time.
I think the key thing to remember is that the predictability is being affected, the fluctuations and extremes will tend to be worse and there really isn't much anybody can do about it.
We had some very cold nights and well spaced snows during the last winter which seems to have benefited us in killing off our area's worst pest, grasshoppers. They are not bad this year at all.
The genie left the bottle a while ago and just recycling bottles and newspapers ain't gonna put her back in.

too much rain in massachusetts! not after sunset like in camelot, but smack in the middle of the day. just about every day in june. has been bad for business.

I hear this is an El Nino year which brings wetter, cooler weather to the midwest and northeast. It also brings a lot of windshear to the Atlantic (that's the part I like) which helps to keep hurricanes away. My apologies to my friends up north, but I'm going to pray for an El Nino year every year if it diminishes my hurricane risk. It only takes one to wipe me out completely. I have a friend in Nantucket who said the weather gurus are pretty much saying there won't be any summer there this year.

too much rain in massachusetts! not after sunset like in camelot, but smack in the middle of the day. just about every day in june. has been bad for business..
seashanty said:
too much rain in massachusetts! not after sunset like in camelot, but smack in the middle of the day. just about every day in june. has been bad for business.
Yes!!!! Will this rain ever stop???!!! We've had the coldest, wettest June in history. I need some sun!!! I'm still wearing my polar fleece jacket at night! UGH!

I hear this is an El Nino year which brings wetter, cooler weather to the midwest and northeast. It also brings a lot of windshear to the Atlantic (that's the part I like) which helps to keep hurricanes away. My apologies to my friends up north, but I'm going to pray for an El Nino year every year if it diminishes my hurricane risk. It only takes one to wipe me out completely. I have a friend in Nantucket who said the weather gurus are pretty much saying there won't be any summer there this year..
Sanctuary in Miami said:
I hear this is an El Nino year which brings wetter, cooler weather to the midwest and northeast. It also brings a lot of windshear to the Atlantic (that's the part I like) which helps to keep hurricanes away. My apologies to my friends up north, but I'm going to pray for an El Nino year every year if it diminishes my hurricane risk. It only takes one to wipe me out completely. I have a friend in Nantucket who said the weather gurus are pretty much saying there won't be any summer there this year.
I hear ya Sanctuary...we could do with a few years of no hurricanes but living 30 miles inland, the gulf winds don't make it this far to cool us off so we have been hitting record breaking temps all month. And I have to say that we NEED rain...it has been so very dry here with only a slight shower 3 days this June.. This area is down over 50% in rain fall for this year and the plants are begging for some water. Ya'll just blow those clouds south please...

No. Too much rain. Making it difficult to care for the vineyard.
Riki

Texas starting getting into the triple-digit temperatures in June. This normally happens in late July and August. We stop getting rain after May and don't see any until late September. Change for the better? Don't think so.
angry_smile.gif

More rain, summer shorten and colder, winter also colder....nothing changed here to the better :(

Back