How much does are you paying per room to have it cleaned.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Landmark

Reaction score
What are you paying per room to have a housekeeper come in and clean. Contract Labor.

Depends on the cleaner. We had one we were paying $12 to clean a room. Another got thru 4 rooms for the same $12.

We have big rooms! About 45min to an hour and a half. Min wage plus tips. (Tips run usually $10-$20 a room)
Not contracted. Employee.

Wow! I'm paying WAY more. But mine are large suites with living area in addition to bath and bedroom, that take about 90 minutes to clean, and apartments that have full kitchens and take a couple of hours.
It still sounds like I'm still paying way too much. But both my housekeepers can reliably run the whole place while I'm on vacation, so not having to supervise them means a lot.
Still, if I eventually find competent and reliable workers who would do it for $12 or even $16/hour, I'd sure be happy!

$16 per hour ... and this was six years ago! ... average flip (entire room cleaning) took 45 minutes to an hour, depending. We are talking scrubbing of bathroom floors, walls and fixtures included ... the works.

We have employees, but I just used a cleaning service who did 11 rooms for me today. 15$ for a reg room, 20.00$ for a larger room with a Jacuzzi. Seemed like alot till I started figuring out what my employees cost.

Contracted. But we don't get charged per room, we pay by the hour. Sometimes the time we have allocated is enough for all the rooms, sometimes we have to step in and help. Other times there is time left over for her to do side work. About $20 an hour for good help.

We budget 1.5 hours @ $15 to clean room and process the associated share of laundry. Sometimes a bit less, but post pet cleaning (wipe down and floor wash with white vinegar, launder throws, etc.) is more.

Back