How often do you change your mattress pads?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you have to get the kind of mattress things that encase the entire mattress and then there is a covering so when the zipper pull goes down a tooth or two the mattress is not exposed ... somewhere back a few months ago, swirt posted a video about it. granted it was to endorse a particular product, but it showed the issue. i don't have access to the products i used anymore so can't give a recommendation.

I have Bedbug enclosures on the mattresses and then quilted mattress protectors over them. Just like seashanty described, they zipper is covered. But they are a little noise, so I put the quilted over them.

Ive seen some really nice zip on (under a sort of flap) pillow protectors and am tempted but I want to be sure they are non russel so I am going to order 1 and see how it goes as they are from a company I order other things from and and if you order a few things together you get free postage, so I am waiting till I need a few things as then the postage will pay for the pillow protectors.

I have Bedbug enclosures on the mattresses and then quilted mattress protectors over them. Just like seashanty described, they zipper is covered. But they are a little noise, so I put the quilted over them..
Eric Arthur Blair said:
I have Bedbug enclosures on the mattresses and then quilted mattress protectors over them. Just like seashanty described, they zipper is covered. But they are a little noise, so I put the quilted over them.
We do the exact same thing. We wash the quilted mattress pad at least once a week. The "bedbug enclosure" has a vinyl top, which can be wiped down if needed. We wash it on a scheduled basis, but more often if the condition of the quilted cover calls for it.

Back