I am an over - er under achiever

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Got this today boasting my achievement:
"10 years Happy Anniversary! As of today, you've been with Ad Sense for 10 years. "
And so I have never made a check$, I do have some $$ in the kitty to date so that almost sounds exciting, but you need $100 before they cut you a check.
So all the hoopla for nada.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

I saw ads for the first time yesterday. I've never seen ads on your blog before.
Can you control what shows up? I ask because one of the ads was for another inn.

I only put them on there a short while ago. No you have no control you can select the type of ads. it is the same account as the one here for featured ad. How long has this forum been around now? :)
I take them off, then I wonder, can I make money? Then add them back and then don't make any so I take them off again.

I only put them on there a short while ago. No you have no control you can select the type of ads. it is the same account as the one here for featured ad. How long has this forum been around now? :)
I take them off, then I wonder, can I make money? Then add them back and then don't make any so I take them off again..
We have been getting some really bizarre ads on here lately.
I have to ask, but how would anyone know, do we all see the same ads or are the ads based on our own usage?
I keep seeing ads for $49 rooms on bb.com. If I click the ad it goes to the homepage where there are no $49 rooms so I'm peeved.
Are the ads based on the WiFi usage of my guests? Just my own searches? The content of the posts? (sometimes that seems likely, other times the ads are for a lot of mental health problems. Maybe I sound depressed.)

I take them off, then I wonder, can I make money? Then add them back and then don't make any so I take them off again..
I have to ask, but how would anyone know, do we all see the same ads or are the ads based on our own usage?
I keep seeing ads for $49 rooms on bb.com. If I click the ad it goes to the homepage where there are no $49 rooms so I'm peeved.
Are the ads based on the WiFi usage of my guests? Just my own searches? The content of the posts? (sometimes that seems likely, other times the ads are for a lot of mental health problems. Maybe I sound depressed.)
Madeleine said:
We all see our OWN ads.
If DH is ever on my pc I cringe what I have to see on this forum on the side... let me think what the last was...and OH IF WE MENTION IT OR LINK TO IT, we get those too, someone shared something here, as a joke, and oh boy there went the neighborhood!
HEY there is a big HARO ad, see that is okay, that doesn't bug me! oh and now the same space shows a walking self catering B&B in the UK...again, not a bother. I don't mind those.
On the right there are anniversary balloons and other oddball ads, weird ads. OH! I typed that adwords anniv thing here, ah ha!

Madeleine said:
We all see our OWN ads.
If DH is ever on my pc I cringe what I have to see on this forum on the side... let me think what the last was...and OH IF WE MENTION IT OR LINK TO IT, we get those too, someone shared something here, as a joke, and oh boy there went the neighborhood!
HEY there is a big HARO ad, see that is okay, that doesn't bug me! oh and now the same space shows a walking self catering B&B in the UK...again, not a bother. I don't mind those.
On the right there are anniversary balloons and other oddball ads, weird ads. OH! I typed that adwords anniv thing here, ah ha!
I see the balloon ad on the right. Tons of ads for cheap rooms on the left.

Latest posts

Back