I Dodged one! Feel great about it too!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi.....
We are sorry to read that you feel disappointed. We are a small family owned business and we always try to accomodate our guests in anyway possible. For example, we have served breakfast at 3 am and routinely handle all kinds of dietary restrictions. However, in your exceptional case we believed another accomodation would be better suited to your needs. Reading your comments only confirms our thoughts.
If anyone else reads this and wonders what kind of needs we can't possibly handle, please contact us directly bij phone or email. Or, even better, come and stay with us and judge yourselve.....
That's a good one!

Hi.....
We are sorry to read that you feel disappointed. We are a small family owned business and we always try to accomodate our guests in anyway possible. For example, we have served breakfast at 3 am and routinely handle all kinds of dietary restrictions. However, in your exceptional case we believed another accomodation would be better suited to your needs. Reading your comments only confirms our thoughts.
If anyone else reads this and wonders what kind of needs we can't possibly handle, please contact us directly bij phone or email. Or, even better, come and stay with us and judge yourselve.....
Excellent - I will remember where this is in case I ever need it again.

The problem with deleting is that she may seek other outlets, unfortunately. I hope for your sake that she doesn't.
As for the "tone", that is simply infered or perceived and not reality. And that's the point, she perceived it and acted upon it. It was entirely her choice and you acquiesced graciously. Now, she has taken this mistaken perception on the "road".
On our website it clearly states that 72 hours notice is needed for specific medical dietary concerns. If I get notified at the door, we simply say that we will do our best, but can't guarantee, because we didn't have enough notice.
Sliced tomatoes and cucumbers, an boiled or poached egg, bit of cottage cheese and out the door.
I can't stand fat-free, you take all the natural goodness out of something and substitute with artificial ingredients. Natural cottage cheese becomes plastic cottage cheese. It's all artificial.

I'll bet if you follow these dietary demanders around for a day, you'll see many of them ordering off-diet at the restaurants.

I'll bet if you follow these dietary demanders around for a day, you'll see many of them ordering off-diet at the restaurants..
Arkansawyer said:
I'll bet if you follow these dietary demanders around for a day, you'll see many of them ordering off-diet at the restaurants.
I mentally laugh at DH with his gold star implanted in his forehead for following his diet so strictly (and giving me hassle about what I cook) as he loads his plate with chocolate pudding at E at n Pa rk salad bar(a Pittsburgh restaurant chain with good food) - and if it is not there, he asks the waitress to get him some. THAT pudding is NOT fat-free!!! (snicker-snicker)

Next time be nasty up front then on subsequent calls you will sound as if you've gotten nicer. At least that's a theory.
lol-053.gif

Back