I have a new Package!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gillumhouse said:
Now all I have to do is come up with a price for the new package.
A friend who is a Methodist minister just retired and moved to my fair city. I talked to her yesterday and yes, she IS available for the new Elopement Package. I was able to put my brother's wedding together in half an hour. I will require more notice, but I think a week would do it, It will include:
  • Minister
  • Video (and one DVD copy)
  • Photo of the Bride & Groom
  • Bride's bouquet
  • Small wedding cake
  • Wedding night and breakfast
Do you think it needs to have anything else? Thoughts on pricing for the DVD, cake, and photo?
I know your state tax laws are probably different than in Texas, but have you thought about how you're going to break this down?
If you are you paying the minister from proceeds derived from the package, will you have to provide a 1099 form to the minister every year and are his services taxable as part of the package? It seems like a gray area.
I think I may need to ask my accountant about this one.

gillumhouse said:
A friend who is a Methodist minister just retired and moved to my fair city. I talked to her yesterday and yes, she IS available for the new Elopement Package. I was able to put my brother's wedding together in half an hour. I will require more notice, but I think a week would do it, It will include:
  • Minister
  • Bride's bouquet
  • Small wedding cake
Do you think it needs to have anything else? Thoughts on pricing for the DVD, cake, and photo?
I know your state tax laws are probably different than in Texas, but have you thought about how you're going to break this down?
If you are you paying the minister from proceeds derived from the package, will you have to provide a 1099 form to the minister every year and are his services taxable as part of the package? It seems like a gray area.
I think I may need to ask my accountant about this one..
I do not expect to have that many take us up on it for one thing, but her cut is only $50 - I will probably just eat the tax on it. I do my taxes on the KISS. Makes it easier for my tax guru. If the taxes are paid on stuff, the Gov & Uncle Sam should be happy. (she needs every penny she can get, churches in WV are not know for big paychecks and she is on retirement pay)

Where are you doing them? Is there a gazebo nearby or in your yard?.
Once I get my roof done - wind blew it (rain) in last night but my resident of that room is a sweetie and just put down the plastic & towels - I am told we are only 2 or 3 weeks from being in line for the new roof!!! Anyway, once that is done I can see if I have anything left and would like to get a landscaper to DO my yard. I can see it as being really pretty with hedges and plants and if I can get rid of that blue spruce - a gazebo would be pretty in that corner.

gillumhouse said:
  • Minister
  • Bride's bouquet
  • Small wedding cake
I do not expect to have that many take us up on it for one thing, but her cut is only $50 - I will probably just eat the tax on it. I do my taxes on the KISS. Makes it easier for my tax guru. If the taxes are paid on stuff, the Gov & Uncle Sam should be happy. (she needs every penny she can get, churches in WV are not know for big paychecks and she is on retirement pay)
gillumhouse said:
KISS and legal are two different things. If you are paying her more than a certain amount each year on the books, then you will be required to file a form 1099 with the IRS. You will have to pay her in cash and bury the expense in another line item otherwise it is reportable income for her.

gillumhouse said:
  • Minister
  • Bride's bouquet
  • Small wedding cake
gillumhouse said:
KISS and legal are two different things. If you are paying her more than a certain amount each year on the books, then you will be required to file a form 1099 with the IRS. You will have to pay her in cash and bury the expense in another line item otherwise it is reportable income for her.
Proud Texan said:
gillumhouse said:
She'd have to have 12 weddings a year before she'd have to do a 1099. Seriously doubt that would be a problem for her. $600 and over, then it's a 1099.

gillumhouse said:
  • Minister
  • Bride's bouquet
  • Small wedding cake
gillumhouse said:
Proud Texan said:
gillumhouse said:
She'd have to have 12 weddings a year before she'd have to do a 1099. Seriously doubt that would be a problem for her. $600 and over, then it's a 1099.
Exactly. I know about the $600 threshold which is why I am not worried about it.

Back