i love inns

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked our stats on this. We are getting .69% of users coming from an iPhone over the past 60 days. Although it seems small, it is over 300/day - which is actually more individuals than I thought it would be..
Guess what it's time for? An iphone app!! gO!

Just checked our stats on this. We are getting .69% of users coming from an iPhone over the past 60 days. Although it seems small, it is over 300/day - which is actually more individuals than I thought it would be..
We are definitely going to be getting something going for Rezo this fall. I'm guessing - just guessing that BB.com site will come after, and I think it is going to be a mobile site as opposed to app.

We are definitely going to be getting something going for Rezo this fall. I'm guessing - just guessing that BB.com site will come after, and I think it is going to be a mobile site as opposed to app.
just guessing that BB.com site will come after, and I think it is going to be a mobile site as opposed to app.
I think not making it an app is a wise idea. The apps are too limited to a specific phone OS. This particular technology is growing sooo fast.

Do you guys track your iphone referrals? If you are using Google Analytics - you can see exactly who is hitting you from an iphone. We keep going back and forth about whether we should do an iphone app, or a mobile website.
I finally broke down and got an iphone myself (hacked to work on tmobile as i just couldn't switch back to att just yet), and my own personal experience is that I use the browser all the time, although there are some apps (like Shazam which is a music app that works so well it is spooky) that I keep going back to..
PLEEEEAAASSEEE do an iPhone app!! I am begging you!! I will be happy to promote your software to every B&B/Inn in Charlottetown (there are over 20 that I am good friends with) if you develop it!!!
Even a simple webapp that is tailored for mobile safari that can sync with Rez GT's portal....I would be in heaven!!!
I'm sure Jaylee, Patrick, Nathan, Drew and Chris (did I miss anyone?) would LOVE* to provide the technical support for that too (*sarcasm) PS: Your tech support is the best in this industry IMHO.
Speaking of Shazam...have you tried "MiDoMi?"
Cheers
sonatainn said:
PLEEEEAAASSEEE do an iPhone app!! I am begging you!! I will be happy to promote your software to every B&B/Inn in Charlottetown (there are over 20 that I am good friends with) if you develop it!!!
Even a simple webapp that is tailored for mobile safari that can sync with Rez GT's portal....I would be in heaven!!!
I'm sure Jaylee, Patrick, Nathan, Drew and Chris (did I miss anyone?) would LOVE* to provide the technical support for that too (*sarcasm) PS: Your tech support is the best in this industry IMHO.
Speaking of Shazam...have you tried "MiDoMi?"
Cheers
No, what is MiDoMi? I'll check it out. Thanks for the nice comments about our support team - greatly appreciated.
We have it in the schedule to do some mobile work for GT. Slimmed-down booking engine is already scoped-out. In that we are planning on enabling you to click on any booking in the calendar to pull up details of the reservation itself (name, rate, etc.).
But we've been talking about an extended portal sync as well - the question is where do we draw the line on it... What exactly would you want to be able to see in there? List of guests arriving?
Midomi is like shazam, but tad more powerful...You can hum or sing a song, and it will match it up...it's pretty accurate with pop songs....older pieces have a little trouble sometimes.
I think for the mobile engine, I would rate these features in order of imporatance
Viewing the Occupancy Map
Viewing a reservation
Placing a reservation
Modifying reservations
For reports...like a list of guests arriving, is not as important to me, because that would be information on the home server anyways....but that's a great start....personally, I think reports should be on the back burner for an iPhone app.
Speaking of reports....have you guys considered making an occupancy report based on # of room nights taken by people of various prov/states/countries? In PEI, we are required to fill out a report every month, so that the province can see where the tourists are coming from, so they can adjust their marketing. If a guest from England stays 3 nights, that 3 counts to England....if a guest stays 7 nights from Michigan, that's 7 counts to Michigan.
Seems like a fairly straightforward report, I was surprised that it was not an option among the various other powerful reports you have by default. Let me know if this is a possibility in a future update.
sonatainn said:
Speaking of reports....have you guys considered making an occupancy report based on # of room nights taken by people of various prov/states/countries? In PEI, we are required to fill out a report every month, so that the province can see where the tourists are coming from, so they can adjust their marketing. If a guest from England stays 3 nights, that 3 counts to England....if a guest stays 7 nights from Michigan, that's 7 counts to Michigan.
How do you get the information from the guests - do you want to ask them and then enter it? Or do you want to pull it directly from their records (assuming it gets entered either by them online, or by your staff over the phone for a reservation?)
Right now you can pull the data by using a reservation report - country is one of the variables. It will not sum, but you could setup a custom report with country in the template, then just copy/paste into excel and sum the countries pretty easily.
If you are doing it by hand-entering it, then it becomes a custom field. You can do the same thing with custom fields, but instructions on how to do it would be different depending on how you have it setup.

Back