I only feel slightly guilty...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
...when someone contacts me the day before Thanksgiving and wants a room for the next three nights, and I gloat.

This holiday weekend has been booked up for weeks. These people who don't plan ahead deserve the run-down motel they earned!

I never gloat, but I always SMDH.

I'm always fascinated when a family of four with infants and 2 dogs shows up on my doorstep on a snowy President's Day weekend looking for a room, after finding out every place within 200 miles, including mine, has been booked since the previous November.

...when someone contacts me the day before Thanksgiving and wants a room for the next three nights, and I gloat.

This holiday weekend has been booked up for weeks. These people who don't plan ahead deserve the run-down motel they earned!
Good to be booked but I do understand as I always had those jobs [pre cell phone days] where I didn't know for sure I was going until I started down the road and no one could call and change my plans.

Got the timekeepers fed breakfast, then breakfast for the guests - minimal. Will serve dinner in an hour. Rolls raising, yams & scalloped corn in oven. The bird has been on since about 7 AM and the venison & pork roasts were started in their respective crockpots with veggies since midnight - low and slow. Pickled beets (thanks to my cousin who cans) are open the jar and I made the cranberry sauce and the pumpkin pie yesterday. Green beans will heat up while the rolls bake. I am so freaking organized with this that it is scary - I keep looking to see what is going to go wrong. Time to don my gay apparel - oh that is Christmas - I mean my time travel duds
.18thCenturyKarthleen-Gillum_House.JPG

I never gloat, but I always SMDH.

I'm always fascinated when a family of four with infants and 2 dogs shows up on my doorstep on a snowy President's Day weekend looking for a room, after finding out every place within 200 miles, including mine, has been booked since the previous November.

I mean my time travel duds
.View attachment 210
I love the time travel. My friends and I are planning a fall 2023 visit to Colonial Williamsburg. It's so great to stay in a house a block off of Duke of Gloucester Street and eat all our meals in taverns from the 1700's. So what if Rockefeller rebuilt it all in the 1930's. It's fantasy better than Disney, at least for me. And yes, Gillum, I realize your old log building is the real thing! Wonderful!

I love the time travel. My friends and I are planning a fall 2023 visit to Colonial Williamsburg. It's so great to stay in a house a block off of Duke of Gloucester Street and eat all our meals in taverns from the 1700's. So what if Rockefeller rebuilt it all in the 1930's. It's fantasy better than Disney, at least for me. And yes, Gillum, I realize your old log building is the real thing! Wonderful!

Chownings Tavern is better for lunch than dinner. But do not miss it. Kings Arms and Christiana Campbell's Tavern are both great. Took the kids to Christiana's back in the 70s and in 2018 when Mary was here from North Wales, took her to King's Arms (pricier than Christiana's). Each has a different kind of menu - it is not dine at one and you covered all. Williamsburg is one of the few places I return to - again and again. The windjammer Lewis R French is the other.

Back