I Started a Blog

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Innkeep

Reaction score
I started my blog this evening. I may come to regret it as another thing to do, but if I can keep up with it, I guess Facebook will be my next hurdle. Here's the site. It takes me a really long time to compose the posts, in the dead of winter I have the time. I wonder if I'll be able to keep it up when I get busier. Wish me luck.

I love the title for your blog! One trick that you can use is to do multiple posts now when you have time - especially if you have annual events you will want to blog about - and then post them throughout the year. You can make an automatic link from your blog to facebook and twitter, or you can just make a short post to facebook when you publish a blog post with a link to your blog. I do the second, and then facebook automatically feeds twitter.

Good job, Innkeep! We have some great blog mentors here. :) My poor blog has been sorely neglected..... boo hoo.
cry_smile.gif

Good job, Innkeep! We have some great blog mentors here. :) My poor blog has been sorely neglected..... boo hoo.
cry_smile.gif
Maybe you could do a 'guest blogging' stint after the end of the month. I think I will ask Suellen to write a guest blog post while she is here.

I have a calendar entry set up to remind me to blog once/week. I know some who blog everyday or several times/week, but I don't always feel like I have that much to say.
You can connect your blog to FaceBook and get a 2-fer in that your blog post will appear on FB with a link back to your blog. (I think, I haven't done that part yet.) And you can connect FB to Twitter and make it a hat trick.
Thanks for the link love, I'll add your blog to mine.

Looks great so far, Innkeep. A very nice addition to the blogosphere.
Thanks for letting us know about it so we can all keep up with the inside track in your neck of the woods!

Post 'em when you can - I have posts waiting in the wings for the next couple months. I works well to do this (unless a specific event)
I will continue to Tweet any blog articles that anyone sends to me, esp with regional info for your B&B! Let's do some back scratching here. :)

Back