I think it's been more work than it's worth but maybe not...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hillbilly

Reaction score
Well... Innkeepers leaving to go on vacation. It's been over 2 weeks preparing to leave for 8 days. We have spent more time preparing to go on vacation than we will actually be on vacation. A few of you know our situation here. My wife and I not only have a 7 suites and cabins we rent out nightly with a full breakfast we also take care of both sets of parents. One lives behind us and te other 2 beside us. They all have medical issues and need care. It's been years and we finally decided we need to get away with our kids for a week. I really do think being an InnKeeper going on vacation is a ton of work in itself! Our employees are like "Just go pack your bags and leave!" I wish it was that easy but unless you are an innkeeper you have no idea how much work goes into preparing your Inn to keep open for 8 days while you are gone. We did block 3 suites to ease the work load. We are leaving in a very busy time but with school starting in a few weeks it was the only time. We have a few more hours of work to do at our home and at the Inn before we can go! We are finally getting excited! We are leaving our baby (Inn) and pray everything goes smooth! Well, my wife is asking what I'm doing so I better go! We are off to Pensacola Beach Florida!

Have a wonderful time! You've been working very hard at the business plus taking care of everyone. Time to take care of yourselves.

Enjoy - you have all earned 8 days of peace. Now is the time to make memories with your kids of something besides working. You will have the center of your universe in that car, take care of your universe and drive carefully.

Get a sunburn, salt in your eyes and sand in your shorts...you deserve it.
thumbs_up.gif

Ps: stuff happens, so it will, and the "baby" will survive.

And I say, "Get in your vehicle and go!!!!!!! You're waste minutes!" Just leave the staff this website and we will make sure everything is alright. while you are gone.
regular_smile.gif

The parents might get grouchy since you aren't there and the inn will pout, but they will be happy to see you come back!
shades_smile.gif

Happy safe travels. This is why we completely close when we go on vacation. I can't relax if I'm worried about things going wrong back at the B&B. Obviously we plan our trips when we'll lose the least amount of money. People just don't realize how difficult it is to leave your baby in someone else's hands, especially if you don't have top notch people to rely on.

Everything will be waiting for you when you get back. And you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.
Safe Travels.

You deserve a vacation, and so does the family. Have a great time!

Have a wonderful time! You've been working very hard at the business plus taking care of everyone. Time to take care of yourselves..
Care givers need time off more then any thing. You and your family need time off too. Close the door and drive safe . It will all be there when you get back.I know that is easyer said then done!

It's amazingly stressful to prepare to leave. But it will be worth it. You and your family need time away with each other. It's so important to bond as a family without the biz in the middle of everything. Have a wonderful vacation.

Disconnect, relax and rediscover how it feels to let others take care of YOU!

Saw this and thought of you all .
Jobs fill your pockets.
Adventure fill your Soul.

We hope it has been worth the time and effort and that all is going well back home as well as on vacation!

Back