I was alway one to keep myself looking good

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trishany

Reaction score
BUT, with changing beds, washing towels, etc. I want to take off EVERYTHING and put on a little shift kind of thing.
But, I can't, cause the guests are in and out, and if they saw me, they would not show up for breakfast the next morning cause of nightmares!~ lol.
I feel like a basketball player cause I have to put a sweat band around my head. I can't stand it! If I don't, the sweat drips in my eyes, and it stings!
AND if DH turns the central a/c to 74 degrees again, after I have it at 69 degrees, while I'm changing the beds upstairs, you will read about it in any NY Newspaper. lol!

My "uniforms" are due for replacement, when I can't get the vinegar and cleaner and sweat smell out of my clothes... sometimes I'll wash , fold, put away, take out to wear and Phew, those go back in! I rarely get to wear my good clothes anymore and my son looks at me like I'm a stranger when I do. Who are you and what have you done with my cleaning lady?
tounge_smile.gif

I can't stand sweating.
While I'm changing the pillowcases, I notice a little reddish spot on them. It's MY make-up dripping off onto the pillowcases!
Then I have to get new pillowcases. Now, I don't have enough pillowcases.

I can't stand sweating.
While I'm changing the pillowcases, I notice a little reddish spot on them. It's MY make-up dripping off onto the pillowcases!
Then I have to get new pillowcases. Now, I don't have enough pillowcases..
makeup? while innkeeping?
omg. i should really get a mirror hung up in the kitchen so i can check how i look before opening the door for breakfast.
wink_smile.gif

I can't stand sweating.
omg. i should really get a mirror hung up in the kitchen so i can check how i look before opening the door for breakfast.
wink_smile.gif

Ah, come on...from your pics on your avatar, you probably look good all the time.
regular_smile.gif
It was soooooooo hot & humid here last week. I really should have checked a mirror more often. lol! Breakfast is not the problem. I'm usually showered, refreshed, and ready for the day. But last week when I was rushing around & in and out of A/C with all this humidity while cleaning rooms etc. Eeeek! I looked a bit disheveled to say the least.

I can't stand sweating.
wink_smile.gif

Yes, Yes, make-up. I get up at 7:00 a.m., take a shower, dry this f******* thick head of hair of mine, and put on just blush.
Then, when I'm making the beds, and sweating, there are little drips of a reddish color on the pillowcases. The blush. unbelievable.

I can't stand sweating.
wink_smile.gif

Ah, come on...from your pics on your avatar, you probably look good all the time.
regular_smile.gif
It was soooooooo hot & humid here last week. I really should have checked a mirror more often. lol! Breakfast is not the problem. I'm usually showered, refreshed, and ready for the day. But last week when I was rushing around & in and out of A/C with all this humidity while cleaning rooms etc. Eeeek! I looked a bit disheveled to say the least.
Awwwwww. Thank you Samster. We had a beautiful day today, just absolutely beautiful. No humidity at all.
But last week, forgettabouittt! I think I lost 5 lbs. -- which is ABSOLUTELY a good thing!

I can't stand sweating.
wink_smile.gif

regular_smile.gif
Awwwwww. Thank you Samster. We had a beautiful day today, just absolutely beautiful. No humidity at all.
But last week, forgettabouittt! I think I lost 5 lbs. -- which is ABSOLUTELY a good thing!
oops...that actually was a reply to Seashanty since she has her picture in her avatar.
embaressed_smile.gif

I can't stand sweating.
wink_smile.gif

regular_smile.gif
oops...that actually was a reply to Seashanty since she has her picture in her avatar.
embaressed_smile.gif

I know, she looks great!
Seashanty - you dont' need make-up dripping on your nice white pillowcases -- you look absolutely beautiful!

I rarely bother with make-up and at 5am ain't no way! I have my hair combed neatly and the face that hangs out is the one that has eveolved with time. One of the nice things about being old is no one gives a flip - including me. I wear my Gillum shirt and nice slacks and of course, my badge of office, and my apron.

I can't stand sweating.
wink_smile.gif

I stuck a mirror in the hall as a temporary place for it and it's still there all these months later. Sometimes I check my appearance before taking the breakfast out, but usually it's too little too late. Maybe one in the kitchen would work better...
=)
Kk.

I rarely bother with make-up and at 5am ain't no way! I have my hair combed neatly and the face that hangs out is the one that has eveolved with time. One of the nice things about being old is no one gives a flip - including me. I wear my Gillum shirt and nice slacks and of course, my badge of office, and my apron..
cute kathleen!
wink_smile.gif

the other day i caught a glimpse of myself, big crease in my face from a rough nite - it stayed there all through breakfast but oh well ... just smile and serve up the grub!

I rarely bother with make-up and at 5am ain't no way! I have my hair combed neatly and the face that hangs out is the one that has eveolved with time. One of the nice things about being old is no one gives a flip - including me. I wear my Gillum shirt and nice slacks and of course, my badge of office, and my apron..
cute kathleen!
wink_smile.gif

the other day i caught a glimpse of myself, big crease in my face from a rough nite - it stayed there all through breakfast but oh well ... just smile and serve up the grub!
If I have an 'easy' day coming up, I'll wear a skirt & top. Otherwise it's jeans & t's. No makeup anymore as I seem to have developed an allergy to it. My face breaks out and gets an awful rash that itches. And, I have found that makeup after a certain age makes me look OLDER than I am.
And with my hair chopped off, my morning is a snap...shower, dress and go. That's it.

I used to wear makeup, have my nails done, get a pedicure every other week, and spend a lot of time with my long hair. All that came to a screeching halt!
I don't wear any makeup except for a little mascara now and then, and I cleared out an entire drawer of makeup that I never wore anymore - the colors weren't right anymore since I have a tan year round now - don't need makeup here really. Nice to have an extra drawer...now I have three drawers to go with my 18" wide closet. LOL So, you can imagine, I don't have fancy clothes anymore - I keep one black dress onboard and that's it. Heck, I don't even wear jewelry anymore. I've become pretty basic.
I never dry my hair anymore - just slick it back into a ponytail when it's wet and off I go. Haven't used nail polish in I don't know when...
Like Gillumhouse, the older I get, the less I care what people think. :)
And then there are the days I do maintenance...those can be a three shower/three change of clothes day...easy. And...well, it's that time...I've been working on the generator today and while I do love the smell of diesel, it's time to go wash it off. :D

Back