I'm dying...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well ya'll are making me want some wonderful smoked BBQ from the great state of GA. As far as I am conserned there is no better BBQ than GA BBQ. (Love the Brunswick Stew!)
I live in THE area of GREAT food (other than BBQ). Cajun, Creole and the best seafood (other than Maine Lobster and NW Salmon) in the world. With some of the best chefs! Here you can get almost any ethnic food you want but can't find a BBQ place anywhere near here.

We went out for Chinese .. couldn't take it any more. it was good (OK), but think almost anything is good when you don't have to cook it yourself.
I have always heard that parts of the US make a great BBQ, I am going to have to try that one day.

We went out for Chinese .. couldn't take it any more. it was good (OK), but think almost anything is good when you don't have to cook it yourself.
I have always heard that parts of the US make a great BBQ, I am going to have to try that one day..
You will get involved in the great BBQ debate - pork vs beef, different kinds of seasonings, sauces, etc. haha! Having lived in the Great State of TX for 8 years, I'm partial to beef BBQ but now we live where pork is king! We have a hometown BBQ place that does a really good job on pork ribs.

I have always heard that parts of the US make a great BBQ, I am going to have to try that one day..
Cathy said:
I have always heard that parts of the US make a great BBQ, I am going to have to try that one day.
BBQ in teh states it totally regional. NC is divided in half. EAST AND WEST. If you get BBQ near teh line you will have to hear the debate and the arguments. You sit down and they bring out 4 diff styles of sauce. Vinegar based vs tomato based.
I am not fond of it AT ALL. PORK PORK PORK only PORK.
You are not a southerner until you tow a bbq behind your vehicle. A BBQ is not the same as a grill. WE GRILL. A bbq SMOKES the meat.
We have the worst bbq restaurant in the entire state one mile from here. Our guests want to eat there and I warn them. I don't even have it on our list, but they pass by and want to try it.
What is BBQ in Virginia? If someone says BBQ it is only ONE THING in this state - smoked pork (boston butt roast) on a bun. In other words a pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw on the top of the meat.
I like this, of course, but that is not my idea of bbq.
Memphis style...mmmm

There isn't a good Italian restaurant within 3 hours of me. I think the closest one that would be worth my time is in Cleveland. Central Ohio is not well-known for it's food. We have some fairly decent German food in Columbus, but it's not worth my gas money for "fairly decent food"...I want GREAT food.

I am making a trip to Baltimore to Little Italy in the Spring for some good Italian food. None here either.

Back