I'm Searching for a Rice Krispie Recipe

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

seashanty

Reaction score
a friend of a relative of a relative (how's that?) used to make rice krispie squares with butterscotch morsels and semisweet morsels and i believe peanut butter. they were soooooo good. and so far i have not found the recipe... i don't think it was her own recipe. can't locate this person who made the amazing goodies. any thoughts?
searching online ...................
help.gif

DaisyMae

Reaction score
sounds like the famous "scotcharoos" to me. hmmm, haven't made these in awhile. i was going to make lace florentines for afternoon goodies but now i just might be swayed to scotcharoos
does this recipe seem familiar?
INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
  • 6 cups crisp rice cereal
  • 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
    Generously butter a 9x13 inch baking pan. Set aside.
  1. In a large pot, mix together corn syrup, sugar, and peanut butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring until peanut butter melts. Bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat, and stir in crisp rice cereal.
  2. Transfer mixture into a well buttered 9x13 inch pan. With your hands well buttered, pat it down into pan.
  3. In a medium saucepan, over medium low heat, melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips until smooth. Spread over top of bars and let bars cool. Cut into squares.

seashanty

Reaction score
that might be it!! thank you ... practically zero calories because it's just cereal, right?
wink_smile.gif

DaisyMae

Reaction score
ummm, yeah, sure, right, zero calories...that's what i tell myself too. Chocolate makes my clothes shrink, how about you? i refuse to accept that it's the fault of my sweet tooth!
Enjoy, they are so yummy!
chef.gif

Samster

Reaction score
that might be it!! thank you ... practically zero calories because it's just cereal, right?
wink_smile.gif
Eat them with friends and they definitely have zero calories. Also, try drinking with a diet drink...that works too. LOL!!!

Penelope

Reaction score
Eaten standing up + with friends + lots of laughter + on vacation +diet cola chaser = weight LOSS
cheers.gif

seashanty

Reaction score
the new negative calorie treat!! woohoo! (rummage, rummage) got to go buy the ingredients!

Latest posts