I'm so excited

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DH and I went out to lunch and walked past a shop having a closing down sale! had the perfect chest of drawers on sale 1/3 of the original price if we would take it away before 4pm! (would never have paid the full price) its only round the corner from our place so we carried it home! Can't put it straight in cos there is a lady in there and she might be disconcerted if I changed the furniture while she was out! But there is a space for it on the top landing for now! Bought a chest of drawers for room 11 at the auction this week and am struggling for somewhere to put it till I can get all the other furniture in! its stood in the lounge at the moment!.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZTdPUJfdVg
room 11 now its done. However its not made up yet so will do a new one when it looks nice!

DH and I went out to lunch and walked past a shop having a closing down sale! had the perfect chest of drawers on sale 1/3 of the original price if we would take it away before 4pm! (would never have paid the full price) its only round the corner from our place so we carried it home! Can't put it straight in cos there is a lady in there and she might be disconcerted if I changed the furniture while she was out! But there is a space for it on the top landing for now! Bought a chest of drawers for room 11 at the auction this week and am struggling for somewhere to put it till I can get all the other furniture in! its stood in the lounge at the moment!.
room 11 now its done. However its not made up yet so will do a new one when it looks nice!
Nice. You may want some extra indirect light when you film, the video seemed a bit dark in places.

Nice. You may want some extra indirect light when you film, the video seemed a bit dark in places.
I was just doing a quick one for you guys it was about 9pm at night! Will do a proper one when its made up today during the light!

I was just doing a quick one for you guys it was about 9pm at night! Will do a proper one when its made up today during the light!
Ah, couldn't tell it was 9PM. Looking forward to seeing it all dressed to the nines.

Its super weird at the moment cos it gets light about 4am and doesn't get propertly dark till about 10.30. Had some U.S ladies saying it was weird on their trip they kept waking up at 4am I said its probably cos thats when the sun comes up "were the curtains not dark enough?" "Oh we didn't shut them!" well that explains a lot!
Its super weird at the moment cos it gets light about 4am and doesn't get propertly dark till about 10.30. Had some U.S ladies saying it was weird on their trip they kept waking up at 4am I said its probably cos thats when the sun comes up "were the curtains not dark enough?" "Oh we didn't shut them!" well that explains a lot!
The disadvantage at being so far north and not thinking about it.
How about the man who visited us from Cameroon in February who just couldn't understand why it was still cold outside even though the sun was shining so brightly. It just didn't make sense to him. As if we are in the dark all the time when it is winter.

We get the 4 AM bright but not the late night twilight. I wish. Not knowing that has made it hard for me to figure out whodunit in British mysteries. You all know you can still see outside at 10 PM in July. I didn't! So when the story hinges on 'what the butler saw' while making the last rounds of the evening I figure he didn't see a thing in the dark!

We get the 4 AM bright but not the late night twilight. I wish. Not knowing that has made it hard for me to figure out whodunit in British mysteries. You all know you can still see outside at 10 PM in July. I didn't! So when the story hinges on 'what the butler saw' while making the last rounds of the evening I figure he didn't see a thing in the dark!
That fair enough as I know in a lot of places near to the equator night and day are about equal and you get up at light and go to bed at dark but here in the summer you get maybe 4 hours really dark and about 2 twilight and in the winter it gets light about 8.45 and dark about 4pm. So from a murder mystry point of view it could be pitch black! However dark or otherwise I would have the curtains shut for street lights, people seeing in when I have the lights on etc I shut the curtains when I go to bed and open them when I get up is this odd?

The disadvantage at being so far north and not thinking about it.
How about the man who visited us from Cameroon in February who just couldn't understand why it was still cold outside even though the sun was shining so brightly. It just didn't make sense to him. As if we are in the dark all the time when it is winter.
my dad used to do a lot of training and had groups from Jamaka where it is about light 8am dark about 10pm so you got up at light went to bed at dark. They were thoroughly confused by uk in July when its light at 4am and dark at about 11pm. They were very confused when the hotel didn't do breakfast at 4am

Back