In Room Mini Fridge? How do you Hide it?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take it out, put one in a common area. As a guest I cannot bare the HUM of the fridge and it boosts on and off all night. I unplug them!.
Two things make me want in room fridge....some meds must be kept in a fridge...and around here smoked fish is a BIG thing with some people. Don't like the idea of anyone being able to take someone else's stuff.... you can always unplug them...I do..
white pine said:
Two things make me want in room fridge....some meds must be kept in a fridge...and around here smoked fish is a BIG thing with some people. Don't like the idea of anyone being able to take someone else's stuff.... you can always unplug them...I do..
I agree with you 100%. Raw fish moreso than smoked.
shades_smile.gif

My two reasons for not wanting a room with a fridge: 1) noise (what is it the compressor that makes the noise, they all make a noise, some worse than others, and 2) cockroaches. I will pay EXTRA to not have a fridge in the room, or a self "kitchenette unit" for cooking meals - in certain parts of the country.
(This is me, this is not everyone, I am a freak about these things)
Joey Bloggs said:
...and 2) cockroaches. I will pay EXTRA to not have a fridge in the room, or a self "kitchenette unit" for cooking meals - in certain parts of the country.
I love my Terminix guarantee!

Take it out, put one in a common area. As a guest I cannot bare the HUM of the fridge and it boosts on and off all night. I unplug them!.
white pine said:
I agree with you 100%. Raw fish moreso than smoked.
shades_smile.gif

My two reasons for not wanting a room with a fridge: 1) noise (what is it the compressor that makes the noise, they all make a noise, some worse than others, and 2) cockroaches. I will pay EXTRA to not have a fridge in the room, or a self "kitchenette unit" for cooking meals - in certain parts of the country.
(This is me, this is not everyone, I am a freak about these things)
Joey Bloggs said:
...and 2) cockroaches. I will pay EXTRA to not have a fridge in the room, or a self "kitchenette unit" for cooking meals - in certain parts of the country.
Arks said:
Joey Bloggs said:
As I typed that I wanted to add a disclaimer, not speaking about a high end luxury rental kitchen. I am only speaking about "a room" with a kitchenette unit. Not cabin or cottage, or such, either.

I do hate the look of the mini-fridge but people love having them. My idea is to build a cabinet around it with maybe books or a lamp on top. Maybe we will get to that someday. It is low on the priority list.
But I am very interested in other ideas. Those things are not pretty..
TheBeachHouse said:
I do hate the look of the mini-fridge but people love having them. My idea is to build a cabinet around it with maybe books or a lamp on top. Maybe we will get to that someday. It is low on the priority list.
But I am very interested in other ideas. Those things are not pretty.
Worse than not pretty is how LOUD they are when they start up at 2 AM. I've pulled the plug on most of them or turned them off if that was an option.

Latest posts

Back