In this morning's police report

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
Our paper publishes the police notes daily. There is little crime here so sometimes it's fun to read. Today's tidbit:
Police received a request to assist individuals who had forgotten where they'd parked.

Me, too. Like 'cows in the road caused a disturbance'. Miss that!

You laugh but there is a vidio of cows running thorugh my sisters front garden - she was out at work and one of the neighbours filmed it - she got home from work it was like "what on earth?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTorCDkpVSw
PS we live in a biggish town - though she is on the edge of it

You laugh but there is a vidio of cows running thorugh my sisters front garden - she was out at work and one of the neighbours filmed it - she got home from work it was like "what on earth?"
PS we live in a biggish town - though she is on the edge of it.
LOL...well that was an funny video.

I cannot imagine coming home to the mess that must have been made and trying to figure out what happened without that video.

LOL...well that was an funny video.
my sister doesn't have the internet I had to ring her! LOL - think there is one version out there with the theme tune to the great escape played over it

Every day in Scotland, these sheep stroll into the road and stand there. Just when we would think they were on their way, a few would stop and stare us down. Get out of the car, and they'd rush over. You can't see them but there are about twenty beyond that wall to the right of the bridge. We know whose road it was ... sheep rule there. You just had to wait.
DSCF9719.JPG

Every day in Scotland, these sheep stroll into the road and stand there. Just when we would think they were on their way, a few would stop and stare us down. Get out of the car, and they'd rush over. You can't see them but there are about twenty beyond that wall to the right of the bridge. We know whose road it was ... sheep rule there. You just had to wait.
DSCF9719.JPG
its like that in some parts of the dales (countryside around my town) no walls between sheep and road - daft ruddy creatures

I am not making this up.
7:34 AM: A dead squirrel was reported on Main Street. Public Works was notified.

I am not making this up.
7:34 AM: A dead squirrel was reported on Main Street. Public Works was notified..
Friday: A coyote was reported in the area of the school on Second Street. Animal Control was notified. Officers searched the area and could not locate the coyote. The schools were notified.

I am not making this up.
7:34 AM: A dead squirrel was reported on Main Street. Public Works was notified..
Friday: A coyote was reported in the area of the school on Second Street. Animal Control was notified. Officers searched the area and could not locate the coyote. The schools were notified.
I was trying to explain what a racoon was to DH the other day - he understands what they look like but its their behaviour he struggles with. Im like well its sort of like a really cute fox with with opposable thumbs so it can get into your trash cans and have a party more easily!

I am not making this up.
I was trying to explain what a racoon was to DH the other day - he understands what they look like but its their behaviour he struggles with. Im like well its sort of like a really cute fox with with opposable thumbs so it can get into your trash cans and have a party more easily!
IN our previous house, we had a screened porch attached to the kitchen. In the summer, we'd leave the kitchen door open because it was screened outside the door.
One night, after watching a movie, we came out of the living room into the kitchen and found a raccoon eating the cat food!!! It had come through the cat door on the screened porch and through the open kitchen door to the 'free' food.
We had to believe he had been there before. Lucky for us, when we shouted, he ran out the door instead of hiding under furniture or running upstairs.
We closed the cat door after that.

I am not making this up.
They are also nocturnal animals and carry diseases like rabies. NOT friendly animals.
If cooked properly, tasty. Their skins are also used for coats and hats.

I am not making this up.
IN our previous house, we had a screened porch attached to the kitchen. In the summer, we'd leave the kitchen door open because it was screened outside the door.
One night, after watching a movie, we came out of the living room into the kitchen and found a raccoon eating the cat food!!! It had come through the cat door on the screened porch and through the open kitchen door to the 'free' food.
We had to believe he had been there before. Lucky for us, when we shouted, he ran out the door instead of hiding under furniture or running upstairs.
We closed the cat door after that.
LOL our cat used to eat side by side with a possum at the cat food...outside.

I am not making this up.
We once had a pet raccoon. She and her siblings had been rescued as infants when the mother had been run over. Since the vet and the staff had been caring for them before they opened their eyes, they thought they were human. Very friendly. Now the vet also had a litter that were rescued after the young had opened their eyes. They were NOT friendly at all and had to be cared for with very thick gloves. Like night and day!

Princes was a great pet for a while. She had a cage and when frightened would run in and close the door. She loved playing with shoe strings, small balls and other toys. When she matured she would wander off in the woods, for hours at first, then days until she decided to not return.

They are very smart. We have one that is now coming to where we feed the chickens. Has learned how to open the PVC feeding tubes so they can get a free meal. Very aggravating as we find a way to out smart them. But I rather they feed on chicken FEED and not on the chickens - or their eggs.

Today's crime report.
A woman who appeared to be passed out in a vehicle was reported on South Ave. Officers found that whe was watching for meteors.
Suspicious activity was reported on Main Street. A van drove by several times. The driver was picking up family members - someone had locked the keys in the car being used to shuttle people around.
Officers checked on a person walking on Main Street in a reflective vest. the individual was going for a walk.
Property damage was reported on the corner of Western Ave and Main St. A sticker was placed on the "keep right" sign. Public works was notified.
10:49 AM: Kids were reported playing in the road on Summer Street.

Today's crime report.
A woman who appeared to be passed out in a vehicle was reported on South Ave. Officers found that whe was watching for meteors.
Suspicious activity was reported on Main Street. A van drove by several times. The driver was picking up family members - someone had locked the keys in the car being used to shuttle people around.
Officers checked on a person walking on Main Street in a reflective vest. the individual was going for a walk.
Property damage was reported on the corner of Western Ave and Main St. A sticker was placed on the "keep right" sign. Public works was notified.
10:49 AM: Kids were reported playing in the road on Summer Street..
That last one is sad. I'm guessing it means in the actual roadway, but possibly not. What's sad is that 'back when I was a kid' any person walking by would have told us not to play in traffic. Now they call the police.

Back