Inn videos

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I have the option, I don't watch any videos, and when I get on a website with music and birdgs chirping or whatever, I turn the sound off. Just irritates me personally for some reason..
Little Blue said:
If I have the option, I don't watch any videos, and when I get on a website with music and birdgs chirping or whatever, I turn the sound off. Just irritates me personally for some reason.
I am sure that for everyone who hates my birds, there's another who loves them ;)
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
I am sure that for everyone who hates my birds, there's another who loves them ;)
I guess the question I have to ask is, how are you sure of that?
The only way to know for sure when flying in the face of market history is to do split testing where every other visitor is given bird sounds and then compare the bounce rates. I am pretty certain you'd find that it is not the 1:1 relationship you are sure of.
On word of mouth you will only hear from the people who liked it or at least weren't put off by it. The others, you will never hear from.
Separate from the sound issue itself, when I hit your site, the first thing I get distracted by is quicktime telling me to update, because you are using quicktime to play the sound. Thats a bad thing to get hit with right off the bat before I even have a chance to look around. Quicktime or any kind of plug-in technology is best avoided for home pages...save it for deeper pages if possible where people have at least made the decision to look around a bit.

Back