Innkeepers run into problems with visa program - INN the news 06.22.09

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Innkeepers run into problems with visa program
Vermont Public Radio - Colchester,VT,USA
The inn was named Vermont's most romantic bed and Breakfast in this year's travel issue. (Pierce) So we're very proud of that. ...
If someone can add this thread # to the thread with the overseas couple looking at opening an inn in the USA - if you come across it, not sure how often he is on here, but maybe he suscribed to that thread via email?

SeeBen21

Reaction score
Thanks JBJ I will have a close look.
I’m here nearly every day to follow the news. Just can’t contribute a lot yet.
regular_smile.gif

SeeBen21

Reaction score
Great article! I knew the hardest part would be the visa. For sure the investor visa is quite risky if it’s up to the gut-level judgment of some officer.

Have to see it as one more challenge and perhaps I’m lucky with the green card lottery.
Or someone of you could adopt me
wink_smile.gif

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have my own resident alien.
tounge_smile.gif
That inn is beautiful, but it has also been for sale for more than 3-4 months. In fact, I believe it has had a price reduction recently, not much of a reduction though.
We looked at it 5 years ago. Had no idea it could have used $500k in renos! But it looks smashing now. They really turned it around.

wendydk

Reaction score
I have my own resident alien.
tounge_smile.gif
That inn is beautiful, but it has also been for sale for more than 3-4 months. In fact, I believe it has had a price reduction recently, not much of a reduction though.
In terms of Inns, 3-4 months is not very long to have been for sale. If they are already reducing the price they must really want or need out.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Not sure how long inns will be for sale in this current climate. Aspiring take note - you buy it you gotta keep er operational until someone signs on the dotted line. There is no "we'll just close for a while" if you want to sell it as a business. I hope ours doesn't take 3 years, but if it does, then it does. Our state has so many priced over a mil and a half, maybe the smaller inns are just biding their time.