It must be August

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh brother....they are coming out of the woodwork. DH answers the door, 6:30 dinner time, and there are guests who stayed with us in 2009. Renting a cottage in a neighboring town. Wondered if we could recommend a place to have dinner. They had such a nice time in 2009 and loved the places we sent them and especially remember the meal in this one place we sent them.
So why are they renting a cottage in a neighboring town? Good question. Bless DH, he has the patience of an angel. He's making nice, while I had to excuse myself...steam coming out my ears.
I do remember them. They e-mailed me last year and asked if I would recommend a cottage for them to rent. Why would I do that when we have a perfectly lovely B+B with a cottage. Really....they are all daft!.
You posted about them!
I forgot that I had posted here about them. Just went back and looked at the e-mail I sent to them. It seems pretty direct to me. What do you think?
"Thank you for your kind words and continued interest in the XYZ Bed and Breakfast. We actually do have availability for your dates & would be pleased to accommodate you in a suite in the main house for a minimum 3 night stay. We also have vacancy in our ocean-view Cottage for a weekly stay. Please keep in mind that these rates include all linens, daily housekeeping, AC, free WiFi, a full breakfast, the peace and quiet of the Area and of course you have built-in concierge service as we are an owner-occupied property and thus are here to be sure that you make the most of your valuable vacation time while staying with us.
Our registered guests, keep us so busy that, unfortunately, we aren't able to keep up with the current pricing/amenities of private home rentals.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!"
Wow! I like how you write that message to the guests.

Oh brother....they are coming out of the woodwork. DH answers the door, 6:30 dinner time, and there are guests who stayed with us in 2009. Renting a cottage in a neighboring town. Wondered if we could recommend a place to have dinner. They had such a nice time in 2009 and loved the places we sent them and especially remember the meal in this one place we sent them.
So why are they renting a cottage in a neighboring town? Good question. Bless DH, he has the patience of an angel. He's making nice, while I had to excuse myself...steam coming out my ears.
I do remember them. They e-mailed me last year and asked if I would recommend a cottage for them to rent. Why would I do that when we have a perfectly lovely B+B with a cottage. Really....they are all daft!.
You posted about them!
I forgot that I had posted here about them. Just went back and looked at the e-mail I sent to them. It seems pretty direct to me. What do you think?
"Thank you for your kind words and continued interest in the XYZ Bed and Breakfast. We actually do have availability for your dates & would be pleased to accommodate you in a suite in the main house for a minimum 3 night stay. We also have vacancy in our ocean-view Cottage for a weekly stay. Please keep in mind that these rates include all linens, daily housekeeping, AC, free WiFi, a full breakfast, the peace and quiet of the Area and of course you have built-in concierge service as we are an owner-occupied property and thus are here to be sure that you make the most of your valuable vacation time while staying with us.
Our registered guests, keep us so busy that, unfortunately, we aren't able to keep up with the current pricing/amenities of private home rentals.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!"
Wow! I like how you write that message to the guests.
Well, a lot of good that message did! They stay in another location and come by to "visit" and pick DH brain for things to do and places to eat. I call that
potty-mouth.gif
Nerve.

Perhaps they did not want to stay a full week but wanted a weekend - or they just want to stay in the next town. I would not bother you for advise though, very inconsiderate ...
Do you know you have the name of your B&B in the message?

OOOPpsss, how do I remove that? Definitely do not want the name posted for the world to see?

Back