It Was Love at First Bite

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want to brag but he can already retrieve a ball. I can't remember when my other dogs learned but it surprised me at this age. Must be the retriever in him..
Congratulations on the new pup.
I don't want to brag but he can already retrieve a ball. I can't remember when my other dogs learned but it surprised me at this age.
I think labs come out of the womb with complete ability to pick something up and bring it to humans. It is such a strong drive in them it is almost comical. Our Lab is incapable of geeting me at the door without something in his mouth. IF all his toys are unavailable, he will pace around looking for something he can bring to me ....anything...water bottle, box, magazine, baby toys, pillow. My favorite was when the pantry door was ajar and he grabbed a full beer bottle out of the case in time to meet me at the door.... It was his best retrieve ever LOL
Hey Swirt, he's not retrieving beer bottles; mainly because we don't have any but I'm just amazed at how smart he is. It's been 10 years since I've had a puppy but he get's commands on the first try.
When I'd give him a biscuit he eat it right there on the floor. Now I say, "Take it to your bed." and he does, I also have a long tether that I attach to the backdoor so that he can be outside and have a little freedom. When we go out he will take the first foot or so in his mouth and carry it so it doesn't get tangled in his feet.

I didn't read the whole thread, but GOOD JOB! I'm happy for you! We enjoy our 3 doxies, but also thoroughly enjoyed the two mixes we adopted from the pound years ago. 7 and 3 years old, as I remember.

Back