I've been raised from the dead...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
It's nice to be back and see some old faces around here! I'm still alive and kicking, but barely. Life has thrown some big curve balls.

Divorce (yeah!)
Retirement for a couple of years (yeah!)
Travel (yeah!)
Move to another state (yeah!)
Onsite managers for the b&b (oh boy...definitely not smooth sailing)
Firing 2nd set of managers and them squatting on my property with help from Covid-19 (Boo!)
B&B life during Covid-19 (A Brave New World)
Full circle, back to being an innkeeper at my place, but not wanting to be here (DANG!)
B&B for sale

Whew, that all happened in 3 years.

Soooo, what else is new? hahahahaha

Welcome back! I've been a phantom for quite some time myself. Cheers to you for the good, sorry about the bad. Hang in there!

Wow! You’ve got a book there! Hope things are in the upswing now.

Air hug, old friend! You're definitely a survivor!!

Wow! You’ve got a book there! Hope things are in the upswing now.
Someone reading it wouldn't believe it was real. How about the squatting managers that wielded rifles with scopes while on my property and I was holed up in the main house. Ohhhh, that's just part of my story!

It's nice to be back and see some old faces around here! I'm still alive and kicking, but barely. Life has thrown some big curve balls.

Divorce (yeah!)
Travel (yeah!)
Firing 2nd set of managers and them squatting on my property with help from Covid-19 (Boo!)
Full circle, back to being an innkeeper at my place, but not wanting to be here (DANG!)
B&B for sale

Welcome back! You have had quite a ride and it’s amazing that you are still standing! Running a B&B has never been easy but it’s near impossible these days without major adjustments. I hope you have found reliable help to see you through until you can move on.

Welcome back! You have had quite a ride and it’s amazing that you are still standing! Running a B&B has never been easy but it’s near impossible these days without major adjustments. I hope you have found reliable help to see you through until you can move on.
Thanks Silverspoon. I'm working the inn through the busy summer/wedding season with my dear friend. I'm booked through the middle of October and if it doesn't sell by then I'm shutting it down. After what I've experienced with 2 sets of managers, it's not emotionally worth going through the process again. If you know of anyone looking to buy a very healthy producing property, let me know. I've already officiated 43 ceremonies of elopements/small weddings since July. There's no rest in sight!

Congrats and sorry and congrats. I have been flying solo since March 2017 when Himself decide NOT to be picked up at the hospital the next day on my way home - I was settling my brother's estate - as was the usual drill when I went out of town. All is well. WOW for the number of elopements & weddings.. Business is back to picking up so all is well here in WV. Welcome back.

Divorce (yeah!)
Travel (yeah!)
B&B for sale

Fully understand, just sold my BnB...finding onsite managers is tough, nobody does the job as good as we do. Ha ha. Love your positive upbeat attitude. Good luck on the sale.

OMG, you've been through the wringer. I saw your story on FB. Hope things get much better soonest.
My old inn just sold in like two days (although at a fire sale price). Hope yours goes as quickly but for as much as you want. Small weddings should be very appealing to people right now.

I guess I should say hello, too.

The new format means I get a daily email which means I'll pop on here more often.

I am still running my B&B solo. My twins are now 16 and juniors in high school. I went to seminary and got a Master of Divinity and have just become a part-time Lutheran pastor. Sometimes I get work as a chaplain, too.

The B&B is super slow with covid, but frankly two of the four B&B's in town had already closed.... OTAs, AIR, and changes at the University have really hit us hard. But the thought of closing makes my stomach hurt, so I'm still hanging in there as a pastor/chaplain/innkeeper/mom.

It's nice to be back.
=)
Kk.

Can you cook me up something in that Tangine.. I'm sure you brought one back from all those travels :D

Can you cook me up something in that Tangine.. I'm sure you brought one back from all those travels :D
HA! This past Oct. was my second trip to Morocco and this time I stayed for 42 days. I never want to see another tajine in my life!

OMG, you've been through the wringer. I saw your story on FB. Hope things get much better soonest.
My old inn just sold in like two days (although at a fire sale price). Hope yours goes as quickly but for as much as you want. Small weddings should be very appealing to people right now.
Thanks Muirford! We'll see what happens with the inn sale, but I'm seriously done, no matter what. I hope you're enjoying your retirement!

Someone reading it wouldn't believe it was real.
yikes! Sorry you had to deal with this and everything else too. I have 2 ladies who booked last minute to attend a wedding at the local park. I often think of you and how you built up your amazing wedding trade. We’re not that far away. Hope you are managing with COVID. You have the perfect setup for separation. Hugs.

yikes! Sorry you had to deal with this and everything else too. I have 2 ladies who booked last minute to attend a wedding at the local park. I often think of you and how you built up your amazing wedding trade. We’re not that far away. Hope you are managing with COVID. You have the perfect setup for separation. Hugs.
Thanks Anon. Thank goodness for all the weddings! The amount of time and extra energy to turn over my large rooms in these covid times is unreal. I've been blocking off rooms because we can't keep up and were too exhausted. The elopements have been a life saver. Some are my all-inclusive option and I've put a 2 night minimum on those. Also a 2 night minimum on ALL reservations now, no matter what day of the week. The best though in my opinion is when I'm hired just as an officiant. They never come to my property and I get paid as wmuch as having guests stay an entire night but I don't have to cook and clean for them!

And now ... SMOKE ... I recall you were mid coast Oregon, so Lincoln City fire?
Hope all OK.

Back