Jetted tub

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzie Q

Reaction score
Hi! I was wondering if any of you have jetted tubs. Not the stand alone whirlpools, but a bathtub with jets. I believe a bleach cycle should be run through after each guest in addition to a rinse cycle. In addition to wiping down with a 5% bleach solution and terrycloth towel. Hubby disagrees, quoting websites saying it needs to be done less often. I point out that if only one family uses it, perhaps less often is adequate.
Your thoughts? Thanks!

Personally I would never use a jetted tub just because I would never know the cleaning procedure used. Just UGH to me. But if I had them and I know others who do. They bleach after every guest departure. But that still wouldn't convince me to use one

Y'all will love this. The researchers are now recommending that we stop using dishwashers and start washing dishes by hand. The reason? Dishwashers kill too many bacteria. They say we NEED the bacteria from hand-washed dishes to keep our immune system strong.
You know what they say: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

Y'all will love this. The researchers are now recommending that we stop using dishwashers and start washing dishes by hand. The reason? Dishwashers kill too many bacteria. They say we NEED the bacteria from hand-washed dishes to keep our immune system strong.
You know what they say: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!.
I inherited my grandmother's 'good' china. Unpacked it to put out in my china cabinet and it still had food on it from last time it was used. Washing dishes at her house occurred after quite a bit of whiskey had gone around.
We all survived.

No, we don't. I used one once at a cabin and turned it off immediately. I didn't like it. Water shooting at me from all angles, no thanks. I like a deep soak bathtub.

I put in the Sanijet tubs because many here, a few years ago, said having them makes people more likely to book with you, vs. a place that doesn't have them, but most said they are rarely used. That is, guests like the idea that they're available, but most end up skipping it.
But in my case, that hasn't happened. My guests love the jet tubs. I don't know why. I have both tub and shower in the bathrooms, and I'd say 75% of my guests use both. I find the empty "herbal bath grains" packets in the trash. Also the bath fragrance "pillow packets" I put out get used at least half the time.
Packets3.jpg

I put in the Sanijet tubs because many here, a few years ago, said having them makes people more likely to book with you, vs. a place that doesn't have them, but most said they are rarely used. That is, guests like the idea that they're available, but most end up skipping it.
But in my case, that hasn't happened. My guests love the jet tubs. I don't know why. I have both tub and shower in the bathrooms, and I'd say 75% of my guests use both. I find the empty "herbal bath grains" packets in the trash. Also the bath fragrance "pillow packets" I put out get used at least half the time.
Packets3.jpg
Same for me Arks. Our jetted tubs are a huge draw. As long as the tubs look sparkling clean, most people will use them. For those that are creeped out by the thought of germs in the pipes, they can and do use it just as a soaking tub.

Arks said:
DH has always done the dishes - no room for a dishwasher. We have a tub of bleach water for them to soak in and then they must air dry per Health Dept.. Interesting thing is we MUST touch them to put them away and again to set the table. So what the problem is with drying them is does not make sense since I would be using a clean towel. And then they sit in the cupboard waiting for the next breakfast. As usual - one study says bad and a few years later another says it is good. According to all the researchers, DH & I should have been dead decades ago.

Never try to make sense of, or try to argue with, health department regulations!

Arks said:
DH has always done the dishes - no room for a dishwasher. We have a tub of bleach water for them to soak in and then they must air dry per Health Dept.. Interesting thing is we MUST touch them to put them away and again to set the table. So what the problem is with drying them is does not make sense since I would be using a clean towel. And then they sit in the cupboard waiting for the next breakfast. As usual - one study says bad and a few years later another says it is good. According to all the researchers, DH & I should have been dead decades ago.
The assumption is that you will be dragging a used towel across the plates to dry them. You know it happens! When clean, dry plates are stacked inside a clean cupboard they should stay clean. You won't be touching the food surface to put the dishes away or take them back out.
Altho, the server at the hotel we stayed at handled the silverware, plates and glassware by the eating surfaces every time. Either he was the maintenance guy doing double duty or they pulled him in off the street. With 2 minutes of training he would have known better. He almost got 2 minutes of training from me but I didn't know how many drinks or apps I was going to order. ;-)

We have two 7 year old Sanijet tubs at our property. They are the best for a total sanitary experience. The Jets are removable and can be easily cleaned. Highly recommend them for inn and spa use. They are used in hospitals for child delivery. Guest love this extra amenity. It assures them we care about their well being.
We clean tubs thoroughly after every use to insure they are perfect for the next guest. We use a uv light to double check. Our cleaning staff now use them before we do final inspection to avoid coming back to a room. Keeping rooms at high standards adds more time/work, but those rooms stay cleaner on turn around and easier in some instances with low maintenance guest.

There are tablets that salons use to sanitize pedicure chairs after use. I am sure there is an equivalent for hot tubs?

There are tablets that salons use to sanitize pedicure chairs after use. I am sure there is an equivalent for hot tubs?.
We aren't talking hot tubs. we are talking whirlpool bath tubs. Hot tubs use different sanitzing chemicals

Back