Keep bed from rolling?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
The bed keeps rolling away from the wall at headboard. One side is against one wall.
In the morning, it's always about eight inches from the head wall. It's on an old wood floor (the original part of the house is 1700's) and yes the room slants away from the head of the bed sadly that's the only place the bed will fit due to a closet and a fireplace.
What have you used that works? I see carpet squares, rubber feet to go over the wheels and felt pads.
I'll need help doing whatever so hope to do it once. thanks
ps I put a wood chest at the foot of the bed that seriously makes it hard to use the office desk in the room. Sometimes at night I've tried pushing a heavy chair against the end of the bed. But would like to make the bed stationary.

Go to the hardware store and ask for rubber wedges to put against the wheels )or at the legs of the footboard) like wheel chucks.

I had to put an area rug down. Nothing else seemed to work. You might try a runner under the foot of the bed. If you get one with a rubberized back that might help.

Go to the hardware store and ask for rubber wedges to put against the wheels )or at the legs of the footboard) like wheel chucks..
Yes that works great! I also use it to keep my door open when needed.

Locking casters? I have some rubber "cups" that fit under the casters that seem to keep some chairs from rolling, maybe those? I used those glider feet on the frames and "level" them with big felt pads. So far so good. Sisters of the sloping floors!
regular_smile.gif

I was going to say sisters of the rolling beds but that doesn't sound right.
wink_smile.gif
travelling beds is even worse.
I will try your suggestions ... starting with some random carpet I think I already have. Thanks!

Is the bed also slanted if the floor is so off? Maybe try balancing the bed.
Do you think those feet you use to raise the bed up to store stuff underneath would help? You get rid of the wheels that way.

why does the bed have rollers on it. strange. can you take them off?
i would think anything you could wedge under the casters to prevent movement would work. those rubber wedge doorstops would be my first try,or if you have some carprt remnants to wedge in.?

Back