Learning about the B&B business from a book?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We bought a "package" from an area Innkeeper who offers consultation services. We have read and read and gone to our meeting and are enrolled in the upcoming innkeeper convention, taking all the aspiring classes but it seems like the printed info is kind of dated! Most current publication we have read is 2001
confused_smile.gif
That's 7 yrs old already.....dw thinks I should be reading these books but I like the current dialog I am reading here
thumbs_up.gif
. I'll keep slogging through the hard copy just the same
rolleyes.gif
Keep in mind that you can always ask here for help if something you read seems contradictory to common sense. Also understand that you will develop something of a comraderie here that your dw doesn't have (she should get on here if she's going to be the day to day ops!) and she may not want to believe us at first.
Altho, I have found that if I say 'X' and hubs argues, I come here and pose the question and 13 other innkeepers also say 'X' then he agrees to it.
Bree said:
Also understand that you will develop something of a comraderie here that your dw doesn't have (she should get on here if she's going to be the day to day ops!) and she may not want to believe us at first.
Totally understand. And I have gotten her to get on and read, she even tried a post the other evening but still needs some posting guidance. The thing is, I've been at the keyboard for years while she has been on the ladder hanging paper but she'll get the knack of it now that she'll have the time to do it - when we really get started doing it....she has to keep hanging paper until then...she'll be here soon
regular_smile.gif

We bought a "package" from an area Innkeeper who offers consultation services. We have read and read and gone to our meeting and are enrolled in the upcoming innkeeper convention, taking all the aspiring classes but it seems like the printed info is kind of dated! Most current publication we have read is 2001
confused_smile.gif
That's 7 yrs old already.....dw thinks I should be reading these books but I like the current dialog I am reading here
thumbs_up.gif
rolleyes.gif
Keep in mind that you can always ask here for help if something you read seems contradictory to common sense. Also understand that you will develop something of a comraderie here that your dw doesn't have (she should get on here if she's going to be the day to day ops!) and she may not want to believe us at first.
Altho, I have found that if I say 'X' and hubs argues, I come here and pose the question and 13 other innkeepers also say 'X' then he agrees to it.
Bree said:
Also understand that you will develop something of a comraderie here that your dw doesn't have (she should get on here if she's going to be the day to day ops!) and she may not want to believe us at first.
Totally understand. And I have gotten her to get on and read, she even tried a post the other evening but still needs some posting guidance. The thing is, I've been at the keyboard for years while she has been on the ladder hanging paper but she'll get the knack of it now that she'll have the time to do it - when we really get started doing it....she has to keep hanging paper until then...she'll be here soon
regular_smile.gif

We're looking forward to paper hanging advice, you can let her know that. Her work is beautiful, btw. Tell her not to be afraid of the keyboard (or us). If she breaks something, you can fix it. Or we can help her fix it!

confused_smile.gif
thumbs_up.gif
rolleyes.gif
Bree said:
regular_smile.gif

We're looking forward to paper hanging advice, you can let her know that. Her work is beautiful, btw. Tell her not to be afraid of the keyboard (or us). If she breaks something, you can fix it. Or we can help her fix it!
Thanks, that will make her feel welcome! She's back in MI visiting her Mom right now. Figured she better do it now while she had the time!
r

Back