My husband and I have been trying for over a year to purchase a B and B but have lost funding twice. Does anyone have any advice on Leasing a B and B first for a few years, and if sellers are even up for the suggestion.
You'll have a very difficult time finding a b&b for lease. The main reason is that owners would take on a huge risk of their business reputation being harmed by inexperienced innkeepers. The owner is taking all the risk.
You might want to do a search (the google search box is on the top right of this page, under the photo), because there are several posts where it has been discussed at length.
I think the others have it right... - but I think there are also situations where you could get a lease- if the sellers own the inn outright (no bank loan) and don't really like what they're doing, they might be up for a lease. This situation often happens here in latin america where many expats build their own places and, after a couple years, decide the country or the lifestyle isn't right for them. They have this inn on their hands that they've operated for a couple years, and now want to go back to their homelands...desperately...and, well, now what...