Lodge for Sale!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white pine

Reaction score
As some here will recall, we bought the lodge to save it, and have worked hard to give it a second life. We finally got the approval to have three more rooms rented upstairs in addition to the two suites downstairs. The process has been a long one, but the lodge is finally a b&b. We feel our work of saving the place and getting it on its feet is largely done. Still work to be done, and three more units to finish, but we are not innkeepers, and have decided to sell. We are an 8 unit motel and 5 unit b&b, with three more units in the making on 20 acres with 1/4 mile of lakefront just above the bridge in Michigan. If anyone is interested, please shoot an email! (price will be about 750K pre-realtor, looking for a preservation/innkeeper buyer, not a developer.
lodge%20at%20twilight.jpg

need at least some basic financials. $750K is meaningless without occupancy statistics and $$$, SF, age of building(s), etc., etc.
The fact you are selling, and where you are is an issue (UP, correct? not sure where "the bridge" is elsewise)

need at least some basic financials. $750K is meaningless without occupancy statistics and $$$, SF, age of building(s), etc., etc.
The fact you are selling, and where you are is an issue (UP, correct? not sure where "the bridge" is elsewise).
That is an area where all you basically need to do is hang out a sign. And what used to be just a summer season now has a huge snowmobile season.

Lovely! We remember when you started your labor of love with the lodge. Congratulations on a job well done and good luck with the sale!

The fact you are selling, and where you are is an issue (UP, correct? not sure where "the bridge" is elsewise).
why would she post that stuff here? maybe she will post a website with that kind of stuff..or the mls listing. this is just her first post.

Just saw this on fb. Congrats on all the work you've done!

we remember all the work you have done - blog is also excellent remember the pics of the tame deer!
wish we could buy it! at least you know its not for you, me and DH are lifers but we appreciate its not for all - some people are project people ie doing the work is what does it for them. Its all about knowing what you are.

It is good you "know who you are" - too many do not realize it. You knew up front what you were in it for - and mission accomplished as it is beautiful. It is a great area and I wish you success with the sale.

So good to hear from you WP and hear that your labor of love is close to fulfillment.
Wish you the best in your efforts to sell to someone with the same values of preserving a beautiful place.
Please keep us updated as you move forward.

undersea said:
The fact you are selling, and where you are is an issue (UP, correct? not sure where "the bridge" is elsewise)
If you had read the post you would have noticed that WP said to email for more details.

Thanks all for the nice comments. A day rarely passes that I don't tell someone about all the help I have gotten here. Just too darn busy lately to post anywhere! We are still largely a "motel and muffin". I make muffins daily, and we have 8 units in the motel, with each room flip there are 5 loads of laundry that I do. We also have had a quiet opening for the lodge last fall, with our first guests in the downstairs suites. We had one b&b stay for 10 days over the 4th, a lovely couple, but on top of a full motel, it made things pretty clear about my limits. We also have bookings as well for the rest of the month.
The lodge was built in 1911 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. The motel is mid-century modern and built in 1963. Lakefront vacant lots here are $100.00 per front foot, we have over 1300 feet. Our price is a bargain in real estate terms, but we want the lodge to continue. Just posting here as an update, and to see if anyone might be looking for something in this "neck of the woods". We have had one couple through already. I think it will take a while for us to find the right people. It is a VERY special place...cue the eagle, cue the loon, cue the juke boxes. Check us out if you wish at birchlodge.com. facebook Birch Lodge, Trout Lake, MI Thanks again all!!

gorgeous. I hope you can sell it to the right people. You have a super location and the place looks just - gorgeous :)

Thanks all for the nice comments. A day rarely passes that I don't tell someone about all the help I have gotten here. Just too darn busy lately to post anywhere! We are still largely a "motel and muffin". I make muffins daily, and we have 8 units in the motel, with each room flip there are 5 loads of laundry that I do. We also have had a quiet opening for the lodge last fall, with our first guests in the downstairs suites. We had one b&b stay for 10 days over the 4th, a lovely couple, but on top of a full motel, it made things pretty clear about my limits. We also have bookings as well for the rest of the month.
The lodge was built in 1911 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. The motel is mid-century modern and built in 1963. Lakefront vacant lots here are $100.00 per front foot, we have over 1300 feet. Our price is a bargain in real estate terms, but we want the lodge to continue. Just posting here as an update, and to see if anyone might be looking for something in this "neck of the woods". We have had one couple through already. I think it will take a while for us to find the right people. It is a VERY special place...cue the eagle, cue the loon, cue the juke boxes. Check us out if you wish at birchlodge.com. facebook Birch Lodge, Trout Lake, MI Thanks again all!!.
It's such a beautiful location.

Back