Look Up!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
We've joked about the wild, fun-loving Innspiring Road Trip group who passed through my inn a few years ago, leaving huge bloomers on their bedroom ceiling fan, then later sending me the simple message, "Be sure to look up!"

Indeed, I hadn't noticed them up there until I got their message.

Last night I arrived at a Hilton hotel, on the way home from a nice vacation. As is my habit, the first thing I did when I got to my room was to get things ready for my morning shower: put the bathmat on the floor, get the shampoo, conditioner, and soap open and ready on a ledge in the shower, and toss a bath towel over the shower door or curtain rod so it's handy to dry off.

When I did the towel toss, I noticed the scene in the attached image. Two empty beer cans that were missed by housekeepers who did not look up! I was mainly distressed that the previous occupants left EMPTY bottles!

Attachments

• 192136035_856752674914566_2404088619382844585_n.jpg
    192136035_856752674914566_2404088619382844585_n.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 3
I found an empty beer can and a pair of socks between the mattress and the head board one time. Did they even change the sheets? How could you miss that?

We had an older guest call us from his room to come take something off the hook behind the door... He says they aren't mine.... It was thongs. ewwwww!! Hubs removed them with gloved hands and into plastic trash. Left the room very red faced as he forgot to check behind the door when he did housekeeping. It was a good lesson and thank goodness the guest had a sense of humor about it.

Back