Make ingle beds to king size beds

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stu

Reaction score
Any suggestions on what product is best to use to transform 2 single beds to a king size bed. We have taken on a new B&B and all the rooms have twin beds. What is the best value product so you do not feel the join in the middle. Thank you.

it's hard. REAL hard.
the twin beds and box springs and mattresses must be of exactly the same height.
it's a fix but not ideal. why? because sometimes the beds shift depending on the size of the folks in the beds and how much they move about. imagine the center board collapsing under your guests. happened to mine. imagine the strap that bound the beds together letting go with a snap ... happened to mine.
my suggestion is to spring for big, new mattresses and box springs as soon as you can ... for as many rooms as you can. (spring for ... get it?)
i ran a b&b that had the sorry-est old beds you can imagine. i tried fixes such as you mention, but they weren't great for night after night use. and the most popular rooms had the biggest beds. hands down. complaints in the morning (or in the middle of the night) about the beds were not what i wanted to hear.
you absolutely have to give your guests the BEST beds and BEST breakfasts you can. aside from being scrupulously clean, this will be what brings folks back again and again.
some thought was given to being able to convert the bed to twins and back again to king but we NEVER did. no one was booking looking for the twins in my place. we had one room that kept its twins that was always the last to book and the rest all had one big bed.
so every time i had a little extra money in my pocket, i bought another new mattress/box spring. also the bed frames - tired old metal frames were okay, but i was able to purchase new solid ones each time and give those away. and then i did my craftiest best to make/refurbish handsome headboards. just don't skimp on those mattresses!

Cambs uses a product we can't get here in the states. She's in the UK, so maybe she'll chime in here.

DUCT tape! That is DH's solution to everything!

Disclosure: For those that don't know my sense of humor, I am joking about its use for this purpose.

Seashanty brings up a good point. How many of you have rooms with twin beds? How well do those rooms rent? I will have four rooms in my B&B and was thinking about having two twin beds in one room. Perhaps I should think twice about that.

Seashanty brings up a good point. How many of you have rooms with twin beds? How well do those rooms rent? I will have four rooms in my B&B and was thinking about having two twin beds in one room. Perhaps I should think twice about that..
dmyer14 said:
Seashanty brings up a good point. How many of you have rooms with twin beds? How well do those rooms rent? I will have four rooms in my B&B and was thinking about having two twin beds in one room. Perhaps I should think twice about that.
First question you ask yourself - who is your market? What do they want? When you've got that figured out the bed question answers itself.

DUCT tape! That is DH's solution to everything!

Disclosure: For those that don't know my sense of humor, I am joking about its use for this purpose..
I used to work on a boat duct tape was the answer to 50% of the problems. The other 50% required WD40!

Latest posts

Back