Makeover near finished feedback wanted

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah! The Fort Clatsop pic did it. I know around where you are now!
Anyhoo...about the site...
  • Altogether a big improvement!
  • I did not check any SEO so I won't talk about that
  • The home page photo is too big. The other pages have the smaller size and my opinion is to make all the page headers the same size. Why? Too many clueless people have told me, 'I can't find (fill in the blank),' because they didn't think there was anything to scroll down to. (Yes, I see the links above the photo, it won't make a difference to the clueless.)
  • I think the green is a little too dark. Your inn name and the other text is at the very top is getting lost.
  • OK, one thing about SEO ;-) - your page names could be better, especially the one for your vacation rental. Put all the really important stuff at the beginning. If you want to tag your inn name onto that sentence, do it at the end. The more important info (Lower Columbia River Vacation Cottage/Rental/House) should be at the very beginning. Use the other page titles to do the same. You don't need your inn name in each one. Always start with something you think someone would search for using up a lot of your keywords in the titles rather than starting with 'policies' or 'meals' or things like that. Your 'our area' page should really pump in the best keywords for what guests usually do: Kayaking, Hiking, History - Lower Columbia River Washington.
  • Nicely done. All the new pix will really help.
Your comment about the Fort Clatsop photo has prompted me to add to the list: more iconic type photos of the area for the "area" page. Page renames are also on the list.
Skamokawa said:
Your comment about the Fort Clatsop photo has prompted me to add to the list: more iconic type photos of the area for the "area" page. Page renames are also on the list.
I would totally stay there for the historic stuff. That lumberjack museum is another good one to get a pic of. We pulled right off the road to see that!
Madeleine said:
Skamokawa said:
I would totally stay there for the historic stuff. That lumberjack museum is another good one to get a pic of. We pulled right off the road to see that!
Both are the kind of things WE would drive an hour out of the way to see when we traveled with the kids.

Ah! The Fort Clatsop pic did it. I know around where you are now!
Anyhoo...about the site...
  • Altogether a big improvement!
  • I did not check any SEO so I won't talk about that
  • The home page photo is too big. The other pages have the smaller size and my opinion is to make all the page headers the same size. Why? Too many clueless people have told me, 'I can't find (fill in the blank),' because they didn't think there was anything to scroll down to. (Yes, I see the links above the photo, it won't make a difference to the clueless.)
  • I think the green is a little too dark. Your inn name and the other text is at the very top is getting lost.
  • OK, one thing about SEO ;-) - your page names could be better, especially the one for your vacation rental. Put all the really important stuff at the beginning. If you want to tag your inn name onto that sentence, do it at the end. The more important info (Lower Columbia River Vacation Cottage/Rental/House) should be at the very beginning. Use the other page titles to do the same. You don't need your inn name in each one. Always start with something you think someone would search for using up a lot of your keywords in the titles rather than starting with 'policies' or 'meals' or things like that. Your 'our area' page should really pump in the best keywords for what guests usually do: Kayaking, Hiking, History - Lower Columbia River Washington.
  • Nicely done. All the new pix will really help.
Skamokawa said:
Madeleine said:
Skamokawa said:
Both are the kind of things WE would drive an hour out of the way to see when we traveled with the kids.
Sounds like the Camp 18 museum. I've never been there! Must go, photo and time the distance!

Back