managing two locations

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You think my web site is bad! this is the place I am looking at's
http://www.thearchotel.co.uk/
but gives you a little idea of the rooms. Only problem is that they only have double rooms (one big bed) and no twins.

But according to her user id and website she is already a hotel, not a small B&B. Why is everyone talking B&B on this subject?
Cambes, when will you have room pix? You gotta do it, I beg you! I would love to come over and help out and take a gazillion photos and help edit. I will enlist another innmate from the forum and we can come over and explore from the GUEST point of view and click click click. :).
Its kind of a long story so I'll sum up real quick when we first bought the Camberley 5 years ago the definition of hotel in this country was a lot looser and then although we were only 8 bedrooms we came under that category. The domain name came with the sale as did the email. However 2 years later the trade descriptions act changed and said that if you live on the premises and are owner operated you cannot call yourself a hotel. We tried to get to the bottom of what the exact differences were but they were completely vague. So in compliance with this we changed all our sinage, stationary etc to the Camberley as did 50 other small hotels/B&B/Guest House in town. I don't think you have the Guest House category much in America. We didn't want to come under the Guest House category as it has a bad reputation for cross old ladies at the see side who kick you out at 9.30am and you weren't allowed back till 6 and had to be in by 10 for lock up and they also had a bad reputation for low standards and quality. So now we come under 2 categories Guest Accomodation and B&B. However I do appreicate I am bigger than a lot of places on here having 12 bedrooms. Trouble is I am not quite a fit in any particular tick box which is the story of my life.
So in order to gain the best exposure I walk a fine line as most people seem to have no clue what the differences are.
Trouble is I am not quite a fit in any particular tick box which is the story of my life.
So you do not have to "think out of the box" - YOU are out of the box already!

Outside the box is good. :).
Outside the box is good.
regular_smile.gif

That is where everyone has told us to be for the last 5 years. Personally, I am ready for a new byzz word/phrase.

Back