March - Yucko!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry this is a bad month for you, maybe the weather will break early and folks will be itching to get away. The creeping gas prices are not helping anyone either.
January/February are definitely our worst, March brings signs of life and then we steamroll into spring. Just keep yourself busy and get done what needs to be done so you'll be ready when the guests start "marching" in.
I have to say I am glad for this slow week, B-I-L is deploying to Afghanistan for a year and with no guests I was able to offer to fly to be with my sister for when he leaves and her long return ride home..
Prayers will go with your B-I-L. Tell them I say a heartfelt "thank you" for their service and sacrifice.

I'm sorry this is a bad month for you, maybe the weather will break early and folks will be itching to get away. The creeping gas prices are not helping anyone either.
January/February are definitely our worst, March brings signs of life and then we steamroll into spring. Just keep yourself busy and get done what needs to be done so you'll be ready when the guests start "marching" in.
I have to say I am glad for this slow week, B-I-L is deploying to Afghanistan for a year and with no guests I was able to offer to fly to be with my sister for when he leaves and her long return ride home..
Glad you could be with your sister. Will add him to the list with my grandson who is there too.

Sorry your March is awful. That just stinks!
In the South, our worst month was August. We had 2 slumps - mid December to mid February and then right after July 4th up until Labor day. No help with the big heating bills and no help with big A/C bills either.

we have glorious weather here cold but not more than a sensible coat and lots of clear blue sky and sunshine so I am trying to get the garden and car park sorted. (cos of the fun!)

we have glorious weather here cold but not more than a sensible coat and lots of clear blue sky and sunshine so I am trying to get the garden and car park sorted. (cos of the fun!).
Cams, 29 days to the U.K. and counting! Trip is going to be shorter than we thought (we are replacing our entire roof because it's 15 years old instead of just the sections damaged by the tree falling last autumn and our son is getting married in December), so we nixed the add-on trip to Paris.
cry_smile.gif
So, it's really just 5 days in York as a tagalong to my dh's biz trip, but I'm hoping that we'll hire a car and drive out to the country this time! I'm going to try to figure out how to go to Harrogate on the train maybe, too when he goes to work.
regular_smile.gif
Can I kill an entire day there without a car?
I may win the prize for going the farthest to meet a forum inn-mate.......
Is there a prize, Joey Bloggs??
teeth_smile.gif

we have glorious weather here cold but not more than a sensible coat and lots of clear blue sky and sunshine so I am trying to get the garden and car park sorted. (cos of the fun!).
Cams, 29 days to the U.K. and counting! Trip is going to be shorter than we thought (we are replacing our entire roof because it's 15 years old instead of just the sections damaged by the tree falling last autumn and our son is getting married in December), so we nixed the add-on trip to Paris.
cry_smile.gif
So, it's really just 5 days in York as a tagalong to my dh's biz trip, but I'm hoping that we'll hire a car and drive out to the country this time! I'm going to try to figure out how to go to Harrogate on the train maybe, too when he goes to work.
regular_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

train is dead easy you get a direct train from York train station and sit on it till it arrives in Harrogate. Not sure you would fill an entire day in Harrogate but if you do come on the train you come through Knaresborough where there is a castle and mother shiptons cave (think you have been there before? if i recall?) so you could easily do both.

cry_smile.gif
regular_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

train is dead easy you get a direct train from York train station and sit on it till it arrives in Harrogate. Not sure you would fill an entire day in Harrogate but if you do come on the train you come through Knaresborough where there is a castle and mother shiptons cave (think you have been there before? if i recall?) so you could easily do both.
Hubby works in Knaresborough when he's over there. He walked to the train station in York every day for 2 weeks. It's looking like we might rent a tiny car in York this time for 5 days.
regular_smile.gif
I might drop him off each day and go exploring in the countryside.
I walked all over York proper in 2009.

Back