marketing to biz guests

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
this banner ad flashed across my screen today ... maybe some of you could offer the business center and charge a modest 'business center service fee'. (maybe some of you do?) i had business guests who would ask ... about faxing, copying and how much and i'd have to stop and think. i offered free wifi as most of you do and it's interesting to me that although some hotels offer full breakfast, many like this one charge for wifi but it's included in the business package. looking on their individual hotel websites in this group, rates for internet and policies about pets, etc. vary widely.
it's intercontinental hotels and resorts
'BUSINESS SENSE[/h1]We all need to adapt to the New Business Reality[/h2]
Our Business Sense package conveniently combines everything you need to help you work more effectively:​
  • Broadband access for the duration of your stay
  • 25% off our Business Centre services, available 24 hours a day
  • A full restaurant buffet breakfast'
and then in little print below a map
  • Terms & Conditions
  • 1. Package includes high speed Internet access wired and wireless where available, hotels reserve the right to limit if there is excessive use such as downloading;
  • 2. Full buffet style breakfast for 1 adult in the hotel restaurant daily (excludes room service).
  • 3. Business Centre Services typically include faxing, scanning, photocopying, and printing.
  • 4. Valid for new bookings only.
  • 5. Only available at participating InterContinental Hotels & Resorts.
  • 6. Subject to availability.
  • 7. Not available to groups and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or special promotions.
  • 8. Rates may vary by date of booking.
  • 9. A booking made pursuant to this offer is non transferable.
  • 10. Price advertised is ‘per person per night’.
  • 11. Any unused components of the package are non refundable.

I already offer wifi, scanner, copier, and fax free. The tech that got my internet back for me found my wiring problem and now everything - including my cc machine - operate the way they are supposed to. I have listed as biz center free ever since I got my first fax machine. Unfortunately not a lot of biz stays here. I figure they go to Morgantown - 45 min away.

I wish our area was conducive to business travel....we have one regular business traveler.

I already offer wifi, scanner, copier, and fax free. The tech that got my internet back for me found my wiring problem and now everything - including my cc machine - operate the way they are supposed to. I have listed as biz center free ever since I got my first fax machine. Unfortunately not a lot of biz stays here. I figure they go to Morgantown - 45 min away..
kathleen, you give it all away for free. your choice, but should you? is there a banner on your website?
anecdote of the day:
i had guests come stay with me (in podunk as you say) ... and the man was packing up their gear to go over to a nearby island and the woman was stressing and saying ... 'but i really need to get hold of a copy of this X#%* contract, sign it and fax it back, i'm sorry but the office computer crashed and this can't wait. ' i was in the kitchen doing dishes and came out, yes in an apron, and said 'i have a scanner/fax/copier right here' ... she sprinted up to her room to get whatever was so important and used my stuff ... asked me how much ... i said $10.00? and she handed me a $20 and said keep it. a few minutes later she asked if i would priority mail something which i agreed we could do and she paid the fee and me as well. then went off dee-lighted.
after that, i created a little oval banner on my website and made sure i promoted this to guests ... i think my blurb was 'sometimes the only way you can get away is if you can keep in touch. we offer free wifi to guests and have business services available (scanner, copier, printer, mailing service)' something like that.
just an idea.
i sometimes think that innkeepers DO so much, OFFER so much, and potential guests don't realize it.

I already offer wifi, scanner, copier, and fax free. The tech that got my internet back for me found my wiring problem and now everything - including my cc machine - operate the way they are supposed to. I have listed as biz center free ever since I got my first fax machine. Unfortunately not a lot of biz stays here. I figure they go to Morgantown - 45 min away..
kathleen, you give it all away for free. your choice, but should you? is there a banner on your website?
anecdote of the day:
i had guests come stay with me (in podunk as you say) ... and the man was packing up their gear to go over to a nearby island and the woman was stressing and saying ... 'but i really need to get hold of a copy of this X#%* contract, sign it and fax it back, i'm sorry but the office computer crashed and this can't wait. ' i was in the kitchen doing dishes and came out, yes in an apron, and said 'i have a scanner/fax/copier right here' ... she sprinted up to her room to get whatever was so important and used my stuff ... asked me how much ... i said $10.00? and she handed me a $20 and said keep it. a few minutes later she asked if i would priority mail something which i agreed we could do and she paid the fee and me as well. then went off dee-lighted.
after that, i created a little oval banner on my website and made sure i promoted this to guests ... i think my blurb was 'sometimes the only way you can get away is if you can keep in touch. we offer free wifi to guests and have business services available (scanner, copier, printer, mailing service)' something like that.
just an idea.
i sometimes think that innkeepers DO so much, OFFER so much, and potential guests don't realize it.
I was born with SUCKER tattooed on my forehead.
Sorry. On a downer. The Garden Club moved to rescind the Foundation they voted to set up in July and then I had to go pick John up at the hospital and will be expected to poor baby him for the next few days now that he does not have a nurse at the end of his thumb. OK whine is over.

anecdote of the day:
just an idea.
Sorry. On a downer. The Garden Club moved to rescind the Foundation they voted to set up in July and then I had to go pick John up at the hospital and will be expected to poor baby him for the next few days now that he does not have a nurse at the end of his thumb. OK whine is over.
Kathleen the spunky sucker. :)
"If you're going through hell, keep going." ~Winston Churchill
"The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief." ~William Shakespeare
"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." ~Mother Teresa
Keep smiling, no matter what! Grin and bear it. Hang in there K.

anecdote of the day:
just an idea.
Kathleen the spunky sucker. :)
"If you're going through hell, keep going." ~Winston Churchill
"The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief." ~William Shakespeare
"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." ~Mother Teresa
Keep smiling, no matter what! Grin and bear it. Hang in there K.
The wimp is clomping around. I did not wait on his every wish. Just made a big salad for his supper that I took to him and retreated to my territory to answer e-mails. So he started moving around and - surprise!! is feeling stronger. Moving around will do that for a person.

anecdote of the day:
just an idea.
no, nut a sucker. just a nice person. there is nothing wrong with that.
there is nothing wrong with saying you are beyond disappointed with the foundation thing.
there is nothing wrong with you being less than thrilled with playing nurse.
and ... there is also nothing wrong with saying to your guests, 'absolutely ... yes, i can offer you this, this and that for $this much.' try it and see what happens.

anecdote of the day:
just an idea.
there is nothing wrong with saying you are beyond disappointed with the foundation thing.
and ... there is also nothing wrong with saying to your guests, 'absolutely ... yes, i can offer you this, this and that for $this much.' try it and see what happens.
Thanks. I will try it. I appreciate the pep talk too. I was ready to look for a quick way out (sort of) tonight when we came home. Been through this so many times and am just tired of it.
While I was feeling sorry for myself as I made his salad I was grumbling when is the world going to revolve around ME as it does with DH (especially with the kids). And then I realized how much I would absolutely hate it because I do not know HOW to handle that - it never happened and to me would be so boring. I would rather have a good fight with the Garden Club! The nominating committee chair asked me if I will take the Prez for another year and I said if they elect me yes (but am not holding my breath on that one). I still have an agenda to accomplish (and they have a lot more money left to accomplish it with)!

anecdote of the day:
just an idea.
Thanks. I will try it. I appreciate the pep talk too. I was ready to look for a quick way out (sort of) tonight when we came home. Been through this so many times and am just tired of it.
While I was feeling sorry for myself as I made his salad I was grumbling when is the world going to revolve around ME as it does with DH (especially with the kids). And then I realized how much I would absolutely hate it because I do not know HOW to handle that - it never happened and to me would be so boring. I would rather have a good fight with the Garden Club! The nominating committee chair asked me if I will take the Prez for another year and I said if they elect me yes (but am not holding my breath on that one). I still have an agenda to accomplish (and they have a lot more money left to accomplish it with)!
(hugs)

anecdote of the day:
just an idea.
Never anything wrong with being nice, I don't care what anyone says.

anecdote of the day:
just an idea.
But SS knows how to be nice and add to the revenue stream as she does it. I would just come off as a ham-handed money-hungry ....... I do not have her flair.

anecdote of the day:
just an idea.
But SS knows how to be nice and add to the revenue stream as she does it. I would just come off as a ham-handed money-hungry ....... I do not have her flair.
woah! i've seen your picture. just put on your big smile as you say it. even if you're on the phone.

Back