Martini glasses for fruit course?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I knew how to post a picture. I have a picture with it. My place is different, so anything goes! Well except dollies, unless they are plaid ones know where I could find some? I use what I call a rounded stem martini glass. So I think it looks neat!
I just remembered it is on my facebook, check it out!

I liked the funky first ones.
Someone on this forum used teacups and since I saw that on their site, I have copied. It is a great way to use up fancy old teacups which you don't want any more. I think it was JB, but not 100% sure.

Someone on this forum used teacups and since I saw that on their site, I have copied. It is a great way to use up fancy old teacups which you don't want any more. I think it was JB, but not 100% sure..
I was going to use old teacups to hold 'Trivia' cards, but opted for mini flowerpots instead. (OK, so the flowerpots are holding the Trivia cards, not the old teacups are holding the flowerpots!)

Someone on this forum used teacups and since I saw that on their site, I have copied. It is a great way to use up fancy old teacups which you don't want any more. I think it was JB, but not 100% sure..
Victoria said:
Someone on this forum used teacups and since I saw that on their site, I have copied. It is a great way to use up fancy old teacups which you don't want any more. I think it was JB, but not 100% sure.
But I do want them! tee hee

Martini glasses are wonderful, sometimes they are a pain to put in dishwasher but they are easy to clean, used them for fruit, smoothies and even a cold cantalope soup.

I see you went with the Z...yes that does look yummy on your facebook page :) Balsamic drizzle....what do you use??? I have a bottle of 50 year old Balsamic I got in Italy a while ago and have been saving it for something SPECIAL :)

I see you went with the Z...yes that does look yummy on your facebook page :) Balsamic drizzle....what do you use??? I have a bottle of 50 year old Balsamic I got in Italy a while ago and have been saving it for something SPECIAL :).
Balsamic vinegar + brown sugar. We let it sit overnight. I barely used 1 teaspoon of the mix for 2 cups of berries. It sat for over an hour on the berries and everyone said it was good.
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 3 tbsps brown sugar.

I see you went with the Z...yes that does look yummy on your facebook page :) Balsamic drizzle....what do you use??? I have a bottle of 50 year old Balsamic I got in Italy a while ago and have been saving it for something SPECIAL :).
wait 'til you get really good local strawberries then use the balsamic on them. You may not even want the sugar then.

Martini glasses are wonderful, sometimes they are a pain to put in dishwasher but they are easy to clean, used them for fruit, smoothies and even a cold cantalope soup..
Yes, they are taking up a lot of room in the dishwasher because of the size of the bowl. So, we'll only use them for small numbers of guests. Not when we have a houseful!

wait 'til you get really good local strawberries then use the balsamic on them. You may not even want the sugar then.
I'm 2 months from local strawberries, but thanks for the suggestion!

not you so much as catlady - she's got the 50-year-old stuff, and she'll get them locally pretty soon.

OK, I have to do the waggy finger here...'something special' is the fact that you are married to a wonderful man, live in a place you love, have terrific friends, well you get the picture.
Enjoy the damn balsamic vinegar! Today!

Balsamic vinegar + brown sugar. We let it sit overnight. I barely used 1 teaspoon of the mix for 2 cups of berries. It sat for over an hour on the berries and everyone said it was good.
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 3 tbsps brown sugar.
DH uses balsamic vinegar on his salads - just balsamic.

not you so much as catlady - she's got the 50-year-old stuff, and she'll get them locally pretty soon.
Yes I am waiting for local really fresh ones. Last year I missed them so didn't use it. And I sure don't want to waste the 50 year old stuff on Walmart berries:)

OK, I have to do the waggy finger here...'something special' is the fact that you are married to a wonderful man, live in a place you love, have terrific friends, well you get the picture.
Enjoy the damn balsamic vinegar! Today!
YEAH...I get it !!! But can't use it today. BUT...I will I promise :)

Martini glasses are wonderful, sometimes they are a pain to put in dishwasher but they are easy to clean, used them for fruit, smoothies and even a cold cantalope soup..
Yes, they are taking up a lot of room in the dishwasher because of the size of the bowl. So, we'll only use them for small numbers of guests. Not when we have a houseful!
You might also consider stemless martini glasses which are dishwasher-friendly.

I was just on a day trip with a local group and saw some small vintage "martini" (actually cordials) glasses. I almost bought them but decided not to since I wasn't sure that they wouldn't get damaged on the bus. :-( It's only about 40 mins from here so I'm going to go back with a friend and look more at the things in this antique shop. They had some vintage aprons too! :)

I read about this in Innkeepers Quarterly a couple of years ago.
I started doing it-it is called a Fruitini. Lovely!

Back