Matress Toppers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highlands John

Reaction score
I've ordered a 3" deep mattress topper for one of my guest rooms as an experiment.
We have one on our bed and love it, but I can see that some people might find it too warm. It's also starting to dip in the middle where I lay.
Anyone else have these things? Guest reactions?

Mine are about 2 inches. Have had them for years and years and they are still fine. All our guests loved them. My mattresses are very firm so the toppers made them better.

Are you speaking of the memory foam toppers? If so, then yes..I have them on two of my beds that are just plain mattress with no pillowtop. I get great comments about them, and it's very warm here. I do, however, have individual A/C units in each room, in addition to the central A/C, so they can set their temp however they want. I have one on my own bed and don't find it too warm. I love mine.

Someone bought one for a pullout last week, and I was curious how the guest liked it. Was that Copperhead?

Mine are about 2 inches. Have had them for years and years and they are still fine. All our guests loved them. My mattresses are very firm so the toppers made them better..
I have a jell topper and we are in a high heat area . It works great. We found our foam toppers to hot. But the jell works great. I also in cased it with a mattress covers.
We have a wonderful mattress guest loved it . But I found it lacked that something special hence why we tried the foam , but love the new jell topper. It is like sleeping on a cloud. Guest are trying to pull my bedding apart to see what kind of mattress I bought. heheheh.
But I believe it all has to do with the jell topper. As our mattress is firm but the jell topper gives it that luxurious feeling.

Are you speaking of the memory foam toppers? If so, then yes..I have them on two of my beds that are just plain mattress with no pillowtop. I get great comments about them, and it's very warm here. I do, however, have individual A/C units in each room, in addition to the central A/C, so they can set their temp however they want. I have one on my own bed and don't find it too warm. I love mine.

Someone bought one for a pullout last week, and I was curious how the guest liked it. Was that Copperhead?.
BananaE29 said:
Someone bought one for a pullout last week, and I was curious how the guest liked it. Was that Copperhead?
No, wasn't me.
But I do have them on all our beds except the new king which is a pillow top. We get rave reviews about them. No one complains about it being too warm, and I am in the deep south like Banana!

We do have a quilted cover over the memory foam. And I have read that real memory foam should not be warm and should bounce back in shape, so I wonder if HJ has the real thing.

We have memory foam gel toppers from Costco on most of our beds. Guests love them, never had any complaints that they are hot. Over the last 2 years only one guests had allergic reaction (not in our place) so we removed from her bed during the stay.

Someone bought one for a pullout last week, and I was curious how the guest liked it. Was that Copperhead?.
No, they're not memory foam. They're "ball fibre"

I had a thick quilted mattress topper on the queen room bed and the darn thing had dips in it. I thought it was the mattress, but "no" it was the topper. Problem solved. Glad it wasn't another mattress.

We have had 3 inch memory foam toppers on our beds for almost five years! Guest adore them!

OK, I have to ask because so many have brought these up...the memory foam...is it really comfortable for 'women of a certain age'? Those of us who sweat like pigs, you should pardon the expression? Do you cover the memory foam with anything other than the sheet? Is it inside your protective casing? Under some sort of mattress pad? Help!

OK, I have to ask because so many have brought these up...the memory foam...is it really comfortable for 'women of a certain age'? Those of us who sweat like pigs, you should pardon the expression? Do you cover the memory foam with anything other than the sheet? Is it inside your protective casing? Under some sort of mattress pad? Help!.
I have the ones from Costco. Everyone loves them. I have them covered with quilted mattress covers. The only complaint is that I have to pull them from time to time back into place. But we had a mattress that was so firm that without everyone said it was like sleeping on cinderblock.

OK, I have to ask because so many have brought these up...the memory foam...is it really comfortable for 'women of a certain age'? Those of us who sweat like pigs, you should pardon the expression? Do you cover the memory foam with anything other than the sheet? Is it inside your protective casing? Under some sort of mattress pad? Help!.
I have mine under the mattress covers. I went through it sleeping on it and I have no problem with heat whatsoever. But then my GYN gave me a wonder pill and I rarely had hot flashes.

It comes with a protective casing, and then I have my waterproof mattress protectors over that. If you're worried about the possible warmth, others have said the gel ones don't have that problem.

I have mine under the mattress covers. I went through it sleeping on it and I have no problem with heat whatsoever. But then my GYN gave me a wonder pill and I rarely had hot flashes.
EmptyNest said:
But then my GYN gave me a wonder pill and I rarely had hot flashes.
Yeesh. Wish I had known that 10 years ago. I haven't slept since we got here.

We have nice padded mattress covers over them, plus they come with a deep-pocket cotton cover. We have had a Tempurpedic for years...more of an issue when cold, as it takes a while for body temp to soften it up.

We have nice padded mattress covers over them, plus they come with a deep-pocket cotton cover. We have had a Tempurpedic for years...more of an issue when cold, as it takes a while for body temp to soften it up.
Momma Smurf said:
Where did you get them? Locally?

Momma Smurf said:
Where did you get them? Locally?
BJs!

It was Arkie

No, they're not memory foam. They're "ball fibre"
aww Now I know what ball fiber is. Ok What is hard about that is . After a while it tends to bunch up. Washing it is a breeze but drying takes a wee bit of time to do. We had fiber bed covers instead of feather. But over a few years they just did not work. The foam topper and jell toppers I am not sure if you can buy them over there?

It was Arkie
gillumhouse said:
It was Arkie
Yes, I put new foam topper on the sofa bed mattress for last weekend's teenager, but they came and left and I never saw them, so have nothing to report. But I have no doubt at all that it was appreciated.
If the bed's hot or cold, they manage that with the room thermostat!

Latest posts

Back