McDonald's telemarketing call for rooms?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel a class action lawsuit starting up real soon against this company.
devil_smile.gif

Within 30 seconds on their website any idiot can send out phone solicitations to thousands of businesses in one shot, at no cost!!!
http://www.heycosmo.com/myconcierge/myconcierge_myconcierge.php
I've never heard of anything so annoying being offered as a service in my life.
Arsenal Interactive, Inc.
2672 Bayshore Parkway
Suite 808
Mountain View, CA 94043
Telephone: 650 282-2900
Email: [email protected]
How long is it going to take the sponsor companies to realize that this service will bring them no good will? Smart companies will realize it immediately...unfortunately stupid companies will keep HeyCosmo afloat for a few annoying years until legal action is taken to shut them down.

It is NOT mcdonalds, but you all know that already..
the whole message repeats twice. then at the end they say ... ''Deliver your messages and get a confirmation in 60 seconds or less. Guaranteed. by Heycosmo.com" it's paul from McDonalds dollar menunaire - which is associated with McDonalds
i emailed heycosmo to ask what this is all about and why they are sending these messages to us. i also emailed mcdonalds about it. three more calls this afternoon.
i am guessing it is a stupid promotion by heycosmo .... i can't imagine what else it is.
soooooo annoying and time wasting.
I just don't answer the phone. Or if I do and no one speaks within one second of my hello. HANG UP.
catlady said:
I just don't answer the phone. Or if I do and no one speaks within one second of my hello. HANG UP.
They leave messages now. That was how I got mine, I just deleted it.

the whole message repeats twice. then at the end they say ... ''Deliver your messages and get a confirmation in 60 seconds or less. Guaranteed. by Heycosmo.com" it's paul from McDonalds dollar menunaire - which is associated with McDonalds
i emailed heycosmo to ask what this is all about and why they are sending these messages to us. i also emailed mcdonalds about it. three more calls this afternoon.
i am guessing it is a stupid promotion by heycosmo .... i can't imagine what else it is.
Well - you can't tell it's not a legitimate number, and those of us not in retirement still need to answer the phone under those conditions. There's no delay like with the auto-dials.

devil_smile.gif

Within 30 seconds on their website any idiot can send out phone solicitations to thousands of businesses in one shot, at no cost!!!
2672 Bayshore Parkway
Suite 808
Mountain View, CA 94043
How long is it going to take the sponsor companies to realize that this service will bring them no good will? Smart companies will realize it immediately...unfortunately stupid companies will keep HeyCosmo afloat for a few annoying years until legal action is taken to shut them down..
Did you see some of the other stuff on their website? Prankster? As if there aren't enough idiots in the world, now we are going to automate their dirty work for them.

devil_smile.gif

2672 Bayshore Parkway
Suite 808
Mountain View, CA 94043
How long is it going to take the sponsor companies to realize that this service will bring them no good will? Smart companies will realize it immediately...unfortunately stupid companies will keep HeyCosmo afloat for a few annoying years until legal action is taken to shut them down..
Did you see some of the other stuff on their website? Prankster? As if there aren't enough idiots in the world, now we are going to automate their dirty work for them.
Yep, it is a very scary notion. I have to think someone would shut them down. You can't enable and encourage that kind of crap.

Well - you can't tell it's not a legitimate number, and those of us not in retirement still need to answer the phone under those conditions. There's no delay like with the auto-dials.
We are getting the stupid phone calls like this on our second phone line which we use for the cc machine, fax, and well...a second line. There's an answering machine on it. The message says, "This is a fax line, don't leave a message." I delete them. Our inn phone number started out as a personal line so was on the DNC list. I'm dreading the inevitable....

We are getting the stupid phone calls like this on our second phone line which we use for the cc machine, fax, and well...a second line. There's an answering machine on it. The message says, "This is a fax line, don't leave a message." I delete them. Our inn phone number started out as a personal line so was on the DNC list. I'm dreading the inevitable....
Samster said:
The exact reason we got rid of the fax 4 years ago. It was useless to us as they would send spam to it on 10 to 20 pages worth every day.
We did not need a second phone line nor a fax. We did not need lines in the rooms for guests we have wi fi. We updated and got rid of so much 'outdated and old' technology. Funny thing was the po's had the guests use the internet on the MAIN PHONE LINE! DUH!
We had the voip for 4 years and even got rid of that now, we can use cell phones and have caller id on the main line. Since we have good cell coverage here.
KISS applies to our lives. Sometimes it just takes a while to get there.
This is why I wish I had a month to visit others on this forum to see how they do things - in person. I skim and things are not always disclosed on here either, so in person I could really glean. I learn alot from everyone here. I do thing MUCH differently now than when I first started out. Books - bah humbug.
Do they tell you in books to keep guest rooms locked when not in use? Nawwww, someone might want to see one. SO WHAT, you can go and unlock it for them, not let them wander around in other cleaned rooms (doing who knows what) which HAS OFFICIALLY happened here to us, which is why we keep them all locked, now and forever.

Samster said:
The exact reason we got rid of the fax 4 years ago. It was useless to us as they would send spam to it on 10 to 20 pages worth every day.
We did not need a second phone line nor a fax. We did not need lines in the rooms for guests we have wi fi. We updated and got rid of so much 'outdated and old' technology. Funny thing was the po's had the guests use the internet on the MAIN PHONE LINE! DUH!
We had the voip for 4 years and even got rid of that now, we can use cell phones and have caller id on the main line. Since we have good cell coverage here.
This is why I wish I had a month to visit others on this forum to see how they do things - in person. I skim and things are not always disclosed on here either, so in person I could really glean. I learn alot from everyone here. I do thing MUCH differently now than when I first started out. Books - bah humbug.
Do they tell you in books to keep guest rooms locked when not in use? Nawwww, someone might want to see one. SO WHAT, you can go and unlock it for them, not let them wander around in other cleaned rooms (doing who knows what) which HAS OFFICIALLY happened here to us, which is why we keep them all locked, now and forever.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Samster said:
Come visit...all will be revealed...
teeth_smile.gif

Samster said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Samster said:
teeth_smile.gif

Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Samster said:
teeth_smile.gif
I AM SCARED.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

Samster said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Samster said:
teeth_smile.gif

Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Samster said:
teeth_smile.gif
I AM SCARED.

Someday when the decrapification is pretty much completed, my bedroom & bath are painted and I have a decent comforter set in there, I'll even let visiting innkeepers in our private space. Right now it is off limits to EVERYONE but us. Talk about scary! Haha!
Because the dh works full-time in another job and the bookings have not been coming in, he's gotten complacent. Guests are coming in this afternoon & he has a tub faucet to replace in the hall bath (the shower diverter was broken by other guests). I am nagging him right now to get it done.
See how it is around here??? Ack!!

devil_smile.gif

2672 Bayshore Parkway
Suite 808
Mountain View, CA 94043
Yep, it is a very scary notion. I have to think someone would shut them down. You can't enable and encourage that kind of crap.
so i received a reply from mcdonald's corp that they view these phone calls as a very serious matter etc etc and are looking into the situation blahblahblah ... haha ... i figured noise from mickeyd's would be much more effective than noise from me ... so far today, no calls from heycosmo or whoever the heck it is ... fingers crossed.
wink_smile.gif

Samster said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Samster said:
teeth_smile.gif

Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Samster said:
teeth_smile.gif
I AM SCARED.

Someday when the decrapification is pretty much completed, my bedroom & bath are painted and I have a decent comforter set in there, I'll even let visiting innkeepers in our private space. Right now it is off limits to EVERYONE but us. Talk about scary! Haha!
Because the dh works full-time in another job and the bookings have not been coming in, he's gotten complacent. Guests are coming in this afternoon & he has a tub faucet to replace in the hall bath (the shower diverter was broken by other guests). I am nagging him right now to get it done.
Samster said:
When our Maryland guests arrived yesterday I welcomed them to the B&B and said "Please excuse the man in your bathroom."
??
People might not get my sense of humor, but I told them it was DH replacing a bulb in the exhaust light/fan. OH, they said.
Well I am not about to give a long story about anything, they traveled for a long time are tired and incoherent, like almost all our guests at check in. I didn't want them to get startled as I took them up.
I heard them ON THE PORCH when I said NOW! DO IT NOW!! HERE THEY COME!
That is pretty much standard operating procedure for us.

Back