Mother-Daughter Book Club Weekend

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
(I can't find that other thread! I have a terrible time in this google search on here lately, sorry)
I just saw a mother-daughter book club event and thought this might be a nice OFF SEASON retreat or weekend idea for a B&B.
You could post info with your local library/libraries, book clubs, schools AND homeschool groups in your area and offer a mother daughter event. You could have set times for discussions, Sat morning or saturday afternoon.
Choose a book like "The Penderwicks of Gardam Street," by Jeanne Birdsall. and offer it to that age group (girls aged 9-13) or something. You could even have refresgments or meals around the specific book, ie if it is a British Book have afternoon tea or bubble and squeak for breakfast. I think it would be a great experience!
Care to share your thoughts?

I love this stuff but it is SO hard to get a group together for it. Especially an overnight.

I wouldn't get a group, just as many as you can get, that is the beauty of this idea, one room or six. It would be MOTHER and DAUGHTER getaway. So if you have more you can have the proper book club discussion, if less than make a special gift for them (somehow related to the book).

A Special Treat for Mother and Daughter. The once a year opportunity for kids to enjoy a grown up elegant Bed and Breakfast experience.

• One Night Stay for Mother and Daughter (Girls ages 8-14) Two nights might be a) too expensive, or b) harder for Dad watching the other kids and holding down the for)
  • Afternoon Tea at check in
  • Themed Breakfast from the Book
  • Special Gift
  • (Book Club Discussion if two or more rooms reserve this package).

I like the idea how many twin rooms do you have or rooms that would be suitable (ie two beds)?

ZERO twin rooms. No rooms with two beds.
Moms and daughters can't share the same bed? Sure they can. This is preteen and tween, not teen.
Here is a book mentioned on the forum from a while back:
http://www.thanksgivingattheinn.com/
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']But following the tragic death of estranged grandfather Senior, father and son alike stand to inherit a life-changing fortune . . . with one catch.[/FONT]
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Thanksgiving at the Inn is a beautiful story of family and forgiveness, and a sure holiday classic. Tim Whitney’s fantastic, heartwarming debut is one you’ll want to read with the whole family for years and years to come.[/FONT]

ZERO twin rooms. No rooms with two beds.
Moms and daughters can't share the same bed? Sure they can. This is preteen and tween, not teen.
Here is a book mentioned on the forum from a while back:
http://www.thanksgivingattheinn.com/
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']But following the tragic death of estranged grandfather Senior, father and son alike stand to inherit a life-changing fortune . . . with one catch.[/FONT]
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Thanksgiving at the Inn is a beautiful story of family and forgiveness, and a sure holiday classic. Tim Whitney’s fantastic, heartwarming debut is one you’ll want to read with the whole family for years and years to come.[/FONT].
Sorry babe was probably being a bit British!lol I would think about a facebook ad then you can target it at the right groupings.

Back