Movie made at our lake airs tonight

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Dr. Quinn has gone Appalachian! Jane Seymour recently shot a film at our Smith Mountain Lake (Last Fall). Catch it tonight on TV on HALLMARK MOVIE CHANNEL 8PM eastern time.
“Lake Effects”, starring Scottie Thompson, Jane Seymour, Madeline Zima, Eyal Podell, Sean Patrick Flanery, Ben Savage, Jeff Fahey, and Casper Van Dien, premieres on Hallmark Movie Channel on Sunday, May 6 at 8 p.m. ET/PT, 7C. “Lake Effects” tells the story of a high powered attorney Sara (Thompson), who while on her way to the top, reluctantly returns to her childhood home on the enchanting Smith Mountain Lake to attend her father’s (Fahey) funeral and help her sister Lily (Zima) and mother Vivian (Seymour) settle the family estate. While there, Sara’s love for the lake and the townspeople is reignited, and with the help of her father’s ever present spirit, Sara looks inward, discovers the importance of love and family, and gives her all to save the family’s beloved home.

Did anyone watch it? I tried... then I watched Finding your Roots. I was just not into it, sorry to say. I usually really enjoy the Hallmark Movies, with their family generational dramas. It did show our lake and area, and in fact a couple scenes were right behind us one block, so I flipped over in time to see that.
The next production by Sara Elizabeth Timmons (Life Out Loud Productions) will be David Baldacci's NY Times Bestselling Novel WISH YOU WELL which is about his Appalachian Heritage (He also has a home on our lake, his sister owns the Little Gallery at the lake). I believe it will be filmed in Giles County VA (which is closer to where the story takes place). Fall 2012.

I just found out about it so did not watch. One of our wineries, Keswick Vineyards, I think their wines were in th movie I heard.

Sorry I missed it but we were out for the evening...I would have loved to see the scenes of your area, which is so pretty. I'll look for it when it's aired in the future.

Sorry I missed it but we were out for the evening...I would have loved to see the scenes of your area, which is so pretty. I'll look for it when it's aired in the future..
Here are the next showings on Hallmark:
LAKE EFFECTS SHOWTIMES ON THE HALLMARK MOVIE CHANNEL
SUNDAY MAY 6 8:00 PM EST; 10:00 PM EST
TUESDAY MAY 8 10:00 AM EST; 6:00 PM EST
FRIDAY MAY 11 8:00 PM EST; 10:00 PM EST
MONDAY MAY 14 4:00 PM EST; 2:00 AM EST
http://www.lakeeffectsthemovie.com/lake-effects-showtimes/

Back