Movie Set?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the good comments. I am uncomfortable about this for several reasons. This guy called DH at 6:30 am Chicago time-- who does business this way? This guy goes "way back" with the guy we bought from, who has a number of ex-con friends, and we just paid a hefty legal bill for advice on the purchase of this place. I know nothing about film contracts or who to go to there--yet more lawyers...
I also am concerned about having renovations and a film crew there logistically. We also are listing our home, packing, and still waiting on the electrician to hook up a new meter and electrical mast on the motel so we can have power and water there. DH is still consulting, and will have to be out of town for a bit next month. Worst of all I am out of town visiting with my mom who will probably not live out the week.
Sorry for going on, I'm not in a good place. Maybe I'll just let DH deal with it and just make sure he does not obligate us one way or another for now.
Thanks Again All...........
I am sorry to hear of your Mother's poor health. Thinking of her and you as well as your family.
Nothing wrong with letting them get a look at the place, have DH explain your current situation regarding your mother and that you would appreciate it if they would provide the proposed details in writing of what they would like to do, when and about how long the propose to need your lodge for the shoot.
Since you have these flags of concern of WHO you may be dealing with, have them also provide you with the business name, address, as well as the producer and director. Then do some research on these individuals to make sure they are on the up and up as to who they say they are etc.
If they pass the flag test, then you can go on to what they want to do when. Remember to look at the entire picture here, even if you have to postpone the renovation, it may be well worth you to do so as long as you will not loose your renovation contractors in the process.
Much luck with everything.

Thanks for all the good comments. I am uncomfortable about this for several reasons. This guy called DH at 6:30 am Chicago time-- who does business this way? This guy goes "way back" with the guy we bought from, who has a number of ex-con friends, and we just paid a hefty legal bill for advice on the purchase of this place. I know nothing about film contracts or who to go to there--yet more lawyers...
I also am concerned about having renovations and a film crew there logistically. We also are listing our home, packing, and still waiting on the electrician to hook up a new meter and electrical mast on the motel so we can have power and water there. DH is still consulting, and will have to be out of town for a bit next month. Worst of all I am out of town visiting with my mom who will probably not live out the week.
Sorry for going on, I'm not in a good place. Maybe I'll just let DH deal with it and just make sure he does not obligate us one way or another for now.
Thanks Again All...........
Sorry about your mom. No, you don't need this headache given where it is possibly coming from.
Thanks for the sympathy, she is 94 and has been failing for a while. I will get some rest and feel better tomorrow.
So sorry to hear about your mother's condition. Be sure to take care of YOU, too!

Back