Must read about water bottles

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I know all about bad water. The reason the bottled stuff was invented in the first place. The reason other countries think Americans have such great big white smiles (due to drinking the poison called fluoride).
That is why I drink distilled water today. >insert toothy white grin here<
teeth_smile.gif

The same people that said bottled water was the way to go also forced us into plastic bags at the grocery store. I will resist the soapbox at this time.
If someone is thirsty and IN YOUR HOME do not hand them a bottle of water...don't serve their breakfast on paper plates either. Not sure why innkeepers think it is the way to be having a bottle of water on a dresser. Repeat after me...we are not hotels...we are not hotels..
Uh-Oh, Joe...you're on the box!
They come though our home to the next house where their room is. They get a bottle on the way, and are encouraged to come get a pitcher of water and ice from us, but to fill up their bottle with filtered water from the fridge when they go out. I need a better solution. I can't encourage them to drink water often without giving them something to carry it in. I've got some searching to do.
BTW hotels actual charge dearly for that bottle in the room, but you usually don't figure it out until you opened it. Theives!
So all of these guests arrive from traveling without a water bottle? This has been my pet peeve all along, go to their vehicles and they will have a case of them, and a half dozen empties.
On my other soapboxy part of this issue - when we had a girl here once who was going across the street to the park and her mother called her cell phone to chastise her since she went over there without her water bottle. She came back and got it.
A kid going to the park? What, was she running the Boston Marathon or something? I call it the water-bottle-cult. If you don't have it you will DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
I grew up in a desert, guess what we did? When we were thirsty we got a drink. And amazingly enough you can actually get water everywhere now, buy it from vending machines, gas stations...remember when we were kids they didn't have water bottles - they had - hang on...dirty word here "drinking fountains"
tounge_smile.gif

So all that to say, adults are adults let them work out their own drinking issues. "You can lead a horse to..."
We didn't go to NM with water bottles. There are no vending machines in the national parks. Water fountains in the buildings, but no vending machines and nothing out in the park itself. We were very thankful for the car rental folks who handed us bottled water when we got the car. We refilled them every chance we got but we weren't prepared. We don't travel around home with water in the car, we never gave it another thought.
It is overdone here, but it was a necessity there. And it's a necessity because our bodies are not conditioned to the weather. I bet if you live there you don't walk around with bottled water, but I'm glad we had it.
It is overdone here, but it was a necessity there. And it's a necessity because our bodies are not conditioned to the weather. I bet if you live there you don't walk around with bottled water, but I'm glad we had it.
Quite the contrary! We joke about the fact that most New Mexicans won't even drive to the gas station without a water bottle and cell phone. Ya never know....

Recycling the bottles is the least of our worries. Trucking that stuff all over the country, (and the world!), and depleteing the wells in the communities that have the springs, most often against their wishes, is downright crazy!
Regarding the flouride...there is a town close to the border in southern NM that has so much flouride in their water that they can't drink it. It was actually turning everyone's teeth black! Ouch! I wonder what else it was doing.

Recycling the bottles is the least of our worries. Trucking that stuff all over the country, (and the world!), and depleteing the wells in the communities that have the springs, most often against their wishes, is downright crazy!
Regarding the flouride...there is a town close to the border in southern NM that has so much flouride in their water that they can't drink it. It was actually turning everyone's teeth black! Ouch! I wonder what else it was doing..
Cracks me up when people that stay here will go buy their own "brand" of water, too. Ethos, Fiji, to name a couple. One guest told me that Fiji water was less acidic. Hmmmm.... Doesn't all water have the same pH of 7.0? And, I thought water was neither an acid or a base, or either an acid or a base depending on whether it accepts or donates protons. I guess I was sleeping in those advanced Chemistry classes. yuk yuk...:)

Regarding the flouride...there is a town close to the border in southern NM that has so much flouride in their water that they can't drink it. It was actually turning everyone's teeth black! Ouch! I wonder what else it was doing..
Cracks me up when people that stay here will go buy their own "brand" of water, too. Ethos, Fiji, to name a couple. One guest told me that Fiji water was less acidic. Hmmmm.... Doesn't all water have the same pH of 7.0? And, I thought water was neither an acid or a base, or either an acid or a base depending on whether it accepts or donates protons. I guess I was sleeping in those advanced Chemistry classes. yuk yuk...:)
You should send the article to them. Ignorant snobs! I slept in chemisry class too, but I still know water has a neutral ph.

We provide filtered well water from our deep well. It's tested, it's clean. nuff said.

Back