National conversion data by referral source

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some useful data... In the past year on BB.com, according to Google Analytics - less than 5% of all users had screen resolutions less than 1024 wide...
Also - I went and looked at a lot of aggregate data from RezOvation hosted sites. We only use Google Analytics, and I find it highly reliable. We are not seeing nearly 30% direct on average. I haven't put it all together because I am pretty swamped right now, but I'd say it is closer to half of this.
Now maybe that has something to do with the propensity for our hosted properties to also use Rezo, Expedia, BB.com, etc. - and thus they are getting more traffic that way... and they tend to do pretty well in Google, so they are getting a lot of traffic that way... so I suspect the referrals are just larger in volume as opposed to direct being lower in volume, but the result is lower direct traffic as a percentage..
I just looked at conversion data using an analytics goal for my own B&B site. I found this interesting because it elevated some of the resolutions that in terms of non-goal numbers would have looked very small.
Of ALL the goal achievers (meaning they looked at my availability calendar or tried to reserve a room)
5% were using 800x600
and 1% were using resolutions that must be phones and PDA's (people actually do book or attempt to book from their phones). Likely these are not people planning way ahead, but are the ones who are already in town looking for a place to stay.

Back