Need breakfast suggestions that will feed ALL of these issues for 3 days

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tomorrow is an 'egg' day. We'll see what happens. We had a big argument here about it because apparently I wasn't clear about what KIND of eggs she was getting. I asked Gomez exactly how many kinds of eggs he was prepared to make in the crush of the morning with kids jumping and running and crying and all. He didn't have any 'filler' for omelets and he doesn't 'do' over easy or poached, so it was pretty much scrambled and be done. Now I guess I could have said they were scrambled and she could have said, 'No thanks,' but I was BUSY trying to seat and serve four tables and I didn't particularly care to WAIT on this particular table.
He's in his little 'cone of silence' in the kitchen and doesn't hear the comments or see the rolled eyes I put up with. Good golly there are days when I'd like to slap some people upside the head and ask, 'Just how hard is it to decide if you want a damned sausage or not?' I cannot imagine a waitress with these people at her table in packed restaurant.
Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. No need to tell me I bring half of it on myself by even ASKING and not just slapping it down on the table in front of them.
There were a couple of people who 'hesitated' today when I mentioned the breakfast so I flat out said, 'Will you be joining us for breakfast tomorrow?;' and amazingly I was told, 'Probably not.' Well, goody. Two fewer prima donnas.
Can you tell it's been 5 weeks since I've had a day off and it's 4 more before I have the chance?.
Morticia said:
Can you tell it's been 5 weeks since I've had a day off and it's 4 more before I have the chance?
Morty, I had my very FIRST exhaustion breakdown yesterday...had to leave here yesterday for a family birthday party by 12 noon at the latest. At 10:35, everyone is still at the breakfast table, including my checkout. Luckily, David AND my mom both helped me whirl through everything to get out of here just in the nick of time. Stayovers were still here, Arrival did not show up by the time we left, but per our agreement, I hid a self check in letter and key for her arrival. I was stressed and upset and TIRED all through the party, then got home to find our arrival here already. She promptly told David that although she didn't have a key, and no one was here, the front door was UNLOCKED, and she assumed the one guestroom with the door open was hers (and added that they might not "need" the second night. We had a LENGTHY discussion about where the key would be hid if she got here after we left, and that a two night stay was required, and that she couldn't have three people in the room, and the fact that there was NO discount coming to her just because some distant relatives used to own the house. On top of it all, stayovers left the front door unlocked the whole time we were gone, and even after they left.....I almost started crying. David (who's normally not very perceptive if it means more work for him) gave me the rest of the night off and dealt with the guests for me for the whole evening. Just such a busy, busy month (83 room nights out of a possible 93), and with other important things going on too, I just fell apart. A first in 7.5 years............

Tomorrow is an 'egg' day. We'll see what happens. We had a big argument here about it because apparently I wasn't clear about what KIND of eggs she was getting. I asked Gomez exactly how many kinds of eggs he was prepared to make in the crush of the morning with kids jumping and running and crying and all. He didn't have any 'filler' for omelets and he doesn't 'do' over easy or poached, so it was pretty much scrambled and be done. Now I guess I could have said they were scrambled and she could have said, 'No thanks,' but I was BUSY trying to seat and serve four tables and I didn't particularly care to WAIT on this particular table.
He's in his little 'cone of silence' in the kitchen and doesn't hear the comments or see the rolled eyes I put up with. Good golly there are days when I'd like to slap some people upside the head and ask, 'Just how hard is it to decide if you want a damned sausage or not?' I cannot imagine a waitress with these people at her table in packed restaurant.
Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. No need to tell me I bring half of it on myself by even ASKING and not just slapping it down on the table in front of them.
There were a couple of people who 'hesitated' today when I mentioned the breakfast so I flat out said, 'Will you be joining us for breakfast tomorrow?;' and amazingly I was told, 'Probably not.' Well, goody. Two fewer prima donnas.
Can you tell it's been 5 weeks since I've had a day off and it's 4 more before I have the chance?.
Morticia said:
Can you tell it's been 5 weeks since I've had a day off and it's 4 more before I have the chance?
Morty, I had my very FIRST exhaustion breakdown yesterday...had to leave here yesterday for a family birthday party by 12 noon at the latest. At 10:35, everyone is still at the breakfast table, including my checkout. Luckily, David AND my mom both helped me whirl through everything to get out of here just in the nick of time. Stayovers were still here, Arrival did not show up by the time we left, but per our agreement, I hid a self check in letter and key for her arrival. I was stressed and upset and TIRED all through the party, then got home to find our arrival here already. She promptly told David that although she didn't have a key, and no one was here, the front door was UNLOCKED, and she assumed the one guestroom with the door open was hers (and added that they might not "need" the second night. We had a LENGTHY discussion about where the key would be hid if she got here after we left, and that a two night stay was required, and that she couldn't have three people in the room, and the fact that there was NO discount coming to her just because some distant relatives used to own the house. On top of it all, stayovers left the front door unlocked the whole time we were gone, and even after they left.....I almost started crying. David (who's normally not very perceptive if it means more work for him) gave me the rest of the night off and dealt with the guests for me for the whole evening. Just such a busy, busy month (83 room nights out of a possible 93), and with other important things going on too, I just fell apart. A first in 7.5 years............
What amazes ME is that you are not in the rubber room (or in handcuffs because of the axe firmly imbedded in the skull of that numbskull woman). Kudos to your husband to giving you relief. Mine would have chosen that night to request chocolate pudding!

LB, hope you are feeling a little less stressed after the evening off.
My trouble is that I do not have the self emotional assessment trigger until I am just about to loose it, and DH is almost as clueless as I am, OR he has his blinders on. Once I get to the point I can feel the steam ready to pop, I just disappear and DH is forced to deal with any situation that comes to a head until I emerge when I am back in control.

Morticia said:
Happens to the best of us! Hope you've had a chance to regroup. The PO's here used to run at 90% and I don't even want to think about being that kind of busy.
My saving grace all ths week has been a wonderful couple from KY. And the fact that the humidity broke and it's only 65 degrees in my bedroom at night and only 75 outside during the day.

OK, one last time and then I drop this FOREVER.
Guest called to make a rez and had a list of dietary restrictions. Basically can eat eggs but that is it. We ask this AM about tomorrow's brekkie. And then we hear how restrictions are put by the wayside on vacation. And guest ate all 3 of the no no's last night for dinner. Triple whammy. I am done. I will now ask, 'Will that kill you if you eat it?'

Guest called to make a rez and had a list of dietary restrictions. Basically can eat eggs but that is it. We ask this AM about tomorrow's brekkie. And then we hear how restrictions are put by the wayside on vacation. And guest ate all 3 of the no no's last night for dinner. Triple whammy. I am done. I will now ask, 'Will that kill you if you eat it?'.
Mort, never say never (well in this case 'forever')
wink_smile.gif

I am done. I will now ask, 'Will that kill you if you eat it?'ROFLMAO - and lovin' it.

Guest called to make a rez and had a list of dietary restrictions. Basically can eat eggs but that is it. We ask this AM about tomorrow's brekkie. And then we hear how restrictions are put by the wayside on vacation. And guest ate all 3 of the no no's last night for dinner. Triple whammy. I am done. I will now ask, 'Will that kill you if you eat it?'.
wink_smile.gif

I am done. I will now ask, 'Will that kill you if you eat it?'ROFLMAO - and lovin' it.
copperhead said:
wink_smile.gif

I know. But you know how it is when you ask what they can eat if they can't eat that whole big list and they say 'eggs' and then you find out they ate everything they couldn't somewhere else and they turn the nose up at the eggs you made!

OK, I'm back, but this is not my problem altho I was as shocked as the person involved and thought I would share.
Friend has a cafe. She does a seated, all-inclusive meal of her choosing (she varies the menu every month) but she does try to work with dietary issues (she refuses to do vegan, tho). Caller stated they are all vegetarians so friend attempts to find out 'what kind' of vegetarians. When they tell her no fish she says she will just double up on one of her specialties as the other offering is a salmon en croute. (So, essentially, customer gets the same amount of food for the price, just doesn't get 4 different selections, they would each get 3 different selections with the 4th being a duplicate.)
Most people leave her place with a box of the leftovers as there is a LOT of food given.
Customer says, and I quote here, 'For those prices you can damn well make something else we can eat and not just give us 2 of the same thing.'
Holy cow. Friend was stunned. I like to think if someone told me something like that I would cancel their rez right then and there.
Obviously this is a different situation than it would be at a B&B where the breakfast is 'included', but would that woman walk into a restaurant, look at the menu and call the chef over and say the same thing? Yikers. There just seems to be a lot of food warring going on this summer. Much more so than any other time.

OK, I'm back, but this is not my problem altho I was as shocked as the person involved and thought I would share.
Friend has a cafe. She does a seated, all-inclusive meal of her choosing (she varies the menu every month) but she does try to work with dietary issues (she refuses to do vegan, tho). Caller stated they are all vegetarians so friend attempts to find out 'what kind' of vegetarians. When they tell her no fish she says she will just double up on one of her specialties as the other offering is a salmon en croute. (So, essentially, customer gets the same amount of food for the price, just doesn't get 4 different selections, they would each get 3 different selections with the 4th being a duplicate.)
Most people leave her place with a box of the leftovers as there is a LOT of food given.
Customer says, and I quote here, 'For those prices you can damn well make something else we can eat and not just give us 2 of the same thing.'
Holy cow. Friend was stunned. I like to think if someone told me something like that I would cancel their rez right then and there.
Obviously this is a different situation than it would be at a B&B where the breakfast is 'included', but would that woman walk into a restaurant, look at the menu and call the chef over and say the same thing? Yikers. There just seems to be a lot of food warring going on this summer. Much more so than any other time..
'With that attitude you can damn well go somewhere else to eat.' Please tell me that's what she said.

Obviously this is a different situation than it would be at a B&B where the breakfast is 'included', but would that woman walk into a restaurant, look at the menu and call the chef over and say the same thing? Yikers. There just seems to be a lot of food warring going on this summer. Much more so than any other time..
'With that attitude you can damn well go somewhere else to eat.' Please tell me that's what she said.
I did mention that exact wording to her but she took the rez. I don't know why. She didn't recognize the name so she figured that they didn't come 'all the time' but probably came once. I guess I'll need to check in with her next week to see what happened.
Gomez would have fired them as customers, too. My friend is figuring they will cancel.
BTW, I told her your mantra...'Nothing good comes from answering the phone after 9 PM.'
As for me, that mantra should be, 'Don't answer the phone during brekkie.' I actually cut shortf a guest with a million questions this morning with, 'I'm cooking and serving breakfast right now and I should not have answered the phone. I really cannot answer these questions right now, give me your phone number and I will call back at 9:30.'
Ouch. Figured I lost that one, but she booked when I called back. And I was really curt with her.

Sorry to your friend but at least we know these people are just as curt with others as they are with innkeepers - sometimes!
Then there are those that are just happy for anything....

The ONLY thing my guests this morning did NOT eat was the sausage - and that is only because on the way to the table the plate jumped out of my hand and kissed the floor taking all the sausage with it. He is one of the coaches at Duke (former football players do not leave much food behind. It was a joy to see!)

Back