Need opinions on a logo we are creating

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I first looked the dolphin looked like a cowboy hat.......I see the dolphin now, but at first I was wondering!
embaressed_smile.gif
GeorgiaGirl said:
When I first looked the dolphin looked like a cowboy hat.......I see the dolphin now, but at first I was wondering!
embaressed_smile.gif
Ahhh a cowboy hat with a feather! I see it! Wow this is a neat logo - can mean so many things!

embaressed_smile.gif
GeorgiaGirl said:
embaressed_smile.gif
Ahhh a cowboy hat with a feather! I see it! Wow this is a neat logo - can mean so many things!
Ahhh a cowboy hat with a feather! I see it!
Well now that you all mention it...I can see it now:)

To me it looks like a fireman's hat more then a cowboy ! LOL But I still like it.

i can make it look like lots of things ... but it's totally a DOLPHIN ... glasses anyone?
wink_smile.gif

i can make it look like lots of things ... but it's totally a DOLPHIN ... glasses anyone?
wink_smile.gif
Great responses, everyone. We are definately going to work on this some more. Perhaps the dolphin needs a tail that slides down along the "S" (and a better "S"). That would distinguish him from a hat of some sort...and a seagull! LOL

wink_smile.gif
Great responses, everyone. We are definately going to work on this some more. Perhaps the dolphin needs a tail that slides down along the "S" (and a better "S"). That would distinguish him from a hat of some sort...and a seagull! LOL
I am glad we could be of such help....I bet you wished you never asked ...ha ha
devil_smile.gif

Please try the dolphino jumping over the word Sanctuary. I would like to see that.
Here are some other ideas -
HERE the dolphin bigger than the name?
and
HERE

I like the dolphin, and saw it right away. I hate the script typeface (font). Sorry to be so strong about it, but the typeface you choose is so important to image. Equally or even more than the dolphin, the typface refelects the feel of your business. That font looks like it came right off of a wedding invitation. There are many fun, fancy, plain, intricate fonts out there. Please don't limit yourselves, spend some time looking for something that says more about you and your business.
Look here at Adobe's page for a start, you don't have to buy from them, many places sell their fonts.
Try here also, MyFonts
You can be creative in your search and try words like handwritten, fancy, elegant, casual calligraphy and such when searching.
Font = really important to your image and name recognition.
Matching your mark - the dolphin - to your font is a challenge, and right now the dolphin is very jovial and the font is very formal. Try for a better match.

Please try the dolphino jumping over the word Sanctuary. I would like to see that.
Here are some other ideas -
HERE the dolphin bigger than the name?
and
HERE.
i like the idea of the dolphin jumping over the name, but if that first example didn't have dolphin in the name, no way would i have recognized what that set of swirls was.

Back