New Beds

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
Here are photos I took this afternoon just to show there are new beds. I know I need to refine them - there are lots of things to correct - but for now it shows the new beds in the rooms. I need to take measurements for the king bookcase headboard. When that is is place, I will take the REAL photos - and as usual invite them to be shredded before choosing the ones to put on the web site.
Gillum Room:
EKinginGillum-gillumhouse.JPG

Harris Room
EQueeninHarris-gillumhouse.JPG

see we told you - looks like plenty of space in the room - just the bedsides to adjust then set to go.

see we told you - looks like plenty of space in the room - just the bedsides to adjust then set to go.

Yes! They look just fine in the rooms! Staging of course..but think Arks idea for the bookcase headboard will be just what you need for that room. Just tell your DH..."I told you so!"
devil_smile.gif

I am having the bookcase headboard done in a honey oak stain. I also think I am going to give him the posts I did NOT put back on the foot board of the now Harris bed and have him cut off the finials and fix them to screw back in - just the finials, no posts. Right now there are holes where the posts go.

Looks like there's plenty of room with the new king bed!.
The door slaps up against the nightstand on the right but when I get the bookcase headboard both of those go away. I plan to attach "reading" lights to each side of the headboard - the kind that do not disturb the other person.

The door slaps up against the nightstand on the right but when I get the bookcase headboard both of those go away. I plan to attach "reading" lights to each side of the headboard - the kind that do not disturb the other person.
gillumhouse said:
I repaint the door in the king room every year because of that problem. There is a stopper on the hinge but some guest suitcases are very heavy.

gillumhouse said:
I repaint the door in the king room every year because of that problem. There is a stopper on the hinge but some guest suitcases are very heavy.
I have a few of those, but eventually switched to these little guys, basically a 90" angle with a rubber end and it's about 2 inches at most. I install two of three behind the door and the jamb at the top and bottom and it seems to be working better than the hinge ones. I had to reinforce the door a bit, but it works. Otherwise the door jamb ones either die or eat into the door jamb.

Lovely! I just read that the 2015 Pantone color is Marsala so you are ahead of the fashion curve!
Just a suggestion....and of course it would be work...is to change the paint color in the Gillum room from pink to something neutral to make that color "pop" from your drapes and rug. A neutral color would also give the room a more updated look in keeping with the new headboard and lights that you planned.

Latest posts

Back