New pictures, slightly different website layout

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As YellowSocks noted above, I'm surprised you don't have room names. Have you thought about creating a sonata environment? You may have already done this, but it doesn't reflect on your website so I thought I would mention it. Of course it's only my opinion and you didn't even ask for it
embaressed_smile.gif
, so you can tell me to go fly a kite!
With an inn name of Sonata Inn you have the perfect opportunity to create some very simple yet elegant 'theme rooms".
You might consider some of these names for rooms: Beethoven wrote the Moonlight Sonata, Pathetique Sonata, Pastorale Sonata, Tempest Sonata and Impromptu Sonata.
Mozart wrote the Semplice Sonata, the Hunt Sonata.
I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones I could remember offhand.
It would be very easy and inexpensive to incorporate any of these themes...hang a piece of sheet music of the sonata on a wall and maybe a bust of the composer somewhere in the room, etc..
We have considered this...the Inn is kind of divded...old section...new section...there are three rooms in the old section that are unique to the rooms in the new section (they are all templated.)
I considered calling them the Allegro, Andante, and Moderato Rooms.
However, I find it is easier to simply state the type of room, rather than the unique room...because that way, I can move people around to accomodate longer stays. The amenities, and services are all there, but it would look a bit different than the picture, and I wouldn't want people to be disappointed if it doesn't look exactly like the photo.
I appreciate the advice though!
sonatainn said:
We have considered this...the Inn is kind of divded...old section...new section...there are three rooms in the old section that are unique to the rooms in the new section (they are all templated.)
However, I find it is easier to simply state the type of room, rather than the unique room...because that way, I can move people around to accomodate longer stays. The amenities, and services are all there, but it would look a bit different than the picture, and I wouldn't want people to be disappointed if it doesn't look exactly like the photo.
Do you have more than four rooms? I thought you had one of each. If you have more than one of each, then I like the Allegro, Andante, etc. Those are lovely names that could work.
I don't think I'd want to stay in Sonata Pathetique...
=)
Kk.
There are eleven rooms all together
sonatainn said:
Ah... that explains why you don't have room names! I thought you had four rooms.... Eleven's way better!
=)
Kk.
Heh, you know, I may end up giving all the rooms names anyways....it would be a nice touch....but I don't think I would advertise them online....just explain to the guests once they check in.
The Allegro
The Andante
The Presto
The Dvorak (My faaavourite composer.)
The Mozart
The Beethovan
The Haydn
The Bach
The Strauss
The Brahms
The Listz
Yes, I am biased :p shoot me, I could only chose eleven!
Actually...I was thinking just now that perhaps instead of naming the rooms themselves (AND assigning it a number,) I could just change the names of the common areas to something cute.
Example: The Dvorak Dinning Room....The Mozart Mezzanine....The Fugue Family room? Alliteration anyone?
Hmm....the choices I have!
I think you're on to something there! I would definitely play up to musical theme (pun intended). Before my career as an innkeeper, I was a professional classical musician. In our room binders, there is a little bio of myself and my husband and our guests have a huge fascination with my past life, but more importantly, they really have a love of music and I get complements over and over about all the classical CDs I have in each room. There is definitely a market for this theme. Don't overdo it, you don't want it to be "stuffy".
By the way, when I looked at your website I thought you only had 4 rooms. Could there be a way you can communicate on your website that there are 11?
Hmmmm....I think I will decribe them as "Standard roomS" emphasize on the plural form.

As YellowSocks noted above, I'm surprised you don't have room names. Have you thought about creating a sonata environment? You may have already done this, but it doesn't reflect on your website so I thought I would mention it. Of course it's only my opinion and you didn't even ask for it
embaressed_smile.gif
With an inn name of Sonata Inn you have the perfect opportunity to create some very simple yet elegant 'theme rooms".
You might consider some of these names for rooms: Beethoven wrote the Moonlight Sonata, Pathetique Sonata, Pastorale Sonata, Tempest Sonata and Impromptu Sonata.
It would be very easy and inexpensive to incorporate any of these themes...hang a piece of sheet music of the sonata on a wall and maybe a bust of the composer somewhere in the room, etc..
sonatainn said:
Do you have more than four rooms? I thought you had one of each. If you have more than one of each, then I like the Allegro, Andante, etc. Those are lovely names that could work.
=)
Kk.
sonatainn said:
Ah... that explains why you don't have room names! I thought you had four rooms.... Eleven's way better!
=)
Kk.
Heh, you know, I may end up giving all the rooms names anyways....it would be a nice touch....but I don't think I would advertise them online....just explain to the guests once they check in.
The Allegro
The Andante
The Presto
The Mozart
The Beethovan
The Haydn
The Bach
The Strauss
The Brahms
The Listz
Actually...I was thinking just now that perhaps instead of naming the rooms themselves (AND assigning it a number,) I could just change the names of the common areas to something cute.
Example: The Dvorak Dinning Room....The Mozart Mezzanine....The Fugue Family room? Alliteration anyone?
I think you're on to something there! I would definitely play up to musical theme (pun intended). Before my career as an innkeeper, I was a professional classical musician. In our room binders, there is a little bio of myself and my husband and our guests have a huge fascination with my past life, but more importantly, they really have a love of music and I get complements over and over about all the classical CDs I have in each room. There is definitely a market for this theme. Don't overdo it, you don't want it to be "stuffy".
By the way, when I looked at your website I thought you only had 4 rooms. Could there be a way you can communicate on your website that there are 11?
Hmmmm....I think I will decribe them as "Standard roomS" emphasize on the plural form.
Why not just say we have 4 Standard Rooms, 2 suites, etc? Groups (as in family or I get bicycle or motorcycle and every 3 years horses) are looking to be able to stay together. They want to know how many rooms do you have and how much are they. So it you have 4 types of rooms, just say how many of each type. If I need 5 rooms and it appears you only have 4 I will move on but if you tell me there are 5 or however many here, I will look in further depth at your site.
I have a motorcycle group interested in riding my area and I have given them the numbers of 4 other B & Bs in my area for the group. With the horse people I have filled my rooms, dilled a neighboring B & B, had 1 in her RV at the stable, and another room go to the Econolodge becaue they were traveling "convoy" to the Nationals and I had the stable. Once I am full, I do not care where they stay - but I collected a fee from each vehicle for guiding them to the stable. THAT was sweet!

embaressed_smile.gif
sonatainn said:
=)
Kk.
sonatainn said:
=)
Kk.
The Allegro
The Andante
The Presto
The Mozart
The Beethovan
The Haydn
The Bach
The Strauss
The Brahms
The Listz
sonatainn said:
The Allegro
The Andante
The Presto
The Mozart
The Beethovan
The Haydn
The Bach
The Strauss
The Brahms
The Listz
One way to get some publicity - make it a contest - maybe some papers would pick it up. You can choose them and let people vote. :)

embaressed_smile.gif
sonatainn said:
=)
Kk.
sonatainn said:
=)
Kk.
The Allegro
The Andante
The Presto
The Mozart
The Beethovan
The Haydn
The Bach
The Strauss
The Brahms
The Listz
sonatainn said:
The Allegro
The Andante
The Presto
The Mozart
The Beethovan
The Haydn
The Bach
The Strauss
The Brahms
The Listz
One way to get some publicity - make it a contest - maybe some papers would pick it up. You can choose them and let people vote. :)
You are a genius

Back