Newbie here

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello from Ontario (or Onterrible, as my uncle has called it since he moved to Squamish years ago)! It's been over a decade since I've been to the Sunshine Coast, but it was beautiful.
Like you, I'm located in a seasonal tourism region a couple hours from a major city. Our busiest season, especially for international visitors, is summer/fall and many businesses around here close or slash prices in the winter.
I've actually made winter my other busy season -- and charge high-season rates -- by promoting light adventure (snowshoeing, cross country skiing, playing in the snow, "winter in the country") and relaxing down time. Most of this winter business is domestic from within 3 hours away.
Can you partner with the ski trails and pre-purchase ski rentals to include in a package? I love the idea of the packed lunch for the trails. What about an apres-ski part of the package where they come back to hot tub, local wine/beer, dinner or a ready-to-cook/grill dinner kit for the villas with kitchens?
Do you get enough snow on your part of the coast for snowshoeing? Invest in a few pairs of snowshoes and include their use in a package.
For the activity-based market, don't rely on air-b or other accommodations-centric avenues for promotion. Rather, get your packages listed on tourism sites that funnel people based on interests. Does BC tourism have activity-based or experiential package listings? Get in front of people who are looking for something to do (ie xc ski, romance) and that will determine there where.

Hello from Ontario (or Onterrible, as my uncle has called it since he moved to Squamish years ago)! It's been over a decade since I've been to the Sunshine Coast, but it was beautiful.
Like you, I'm located in a seasonal tourism region a couple hours from a major city. Our busiest season, especially for international visitors, is summer/fall and many businesses around here close or slash prices in the winter.
I've actually made winter my other busy season -- and charge high-season rates -- by promoting light adventure (snowshoeing, cross country skiing, playing in the snow, "winter in the country") and relaxing down time. Most of this winter business is domestic from within 3 hours away.
Can you partner with the ski trails and pre-purchase ski rentals to include in a package? I love the idea of the packed lunch for the trails. What about an apres-ski part of the package where they come back to hot tub, local wine/beer, dinner or a ready-to-cook/grill dinner kit for the villas with kitchens?
Do you get enough snow on your part of the coast for snowshoeing? Invest in a few pairs of snowshoes and include their use in a package.
For the activity-based market, don't rely on air-b or other accommodations-centric avenues for promotion. Rather, get your packages listed on tourism sites that funnel people based on interests. Does BC tourism have activity-based or experiential package listings? Get in front of people who are looking for something to do (ie xc ski, romance) and that will determine there where..
happyjacks said:
For the activity-based market, don't rely on air-b or other accommodations-centric avenues for promotion. Rather, get your packages listed on tourism sites that funnel people based on interests. Does BC tourism have activity-based or experiential package listings? Get in front of people who are looking for something to do (ie xc ski, romance) and that will determine there where.
That's great advice. I forget how important these can be. I think I might build that into my marketing plan for next year.

OK well i Just finished updating my website (mostly the packages) let me know what you all think.
tia

OK well i Just finished updating my website (mostly the packages) let me know what you all think.
tia.
Dee said:
tia
I am on there and see your page is not responsive, so if my browser is open any width I have it on it cuts off your website. I am on my desktop pc, but wanted to mention this in case you didn't know.
PS You really went to town, well done!

tia.
Dee said:
tia
I am on there and see your page is not responsive, so if my browser is open any width I have it on it cuts off your website. I am on my desktop pc, but wanted to mention this in case you didn't know.
PS You really went to town, well done!
Oh no thank you! I have a wide screen monitor, shows up fine and been on other pc's as well and looks fine. I will see what I can do to fix this.

Back